Chapter 10

It's been thirty minutes

Thirty minutes since I've been stuck in this godforsaken elevator with Park Jimin.

Thirty fucking minutes since no one has come to our rescue.

"Hello?" I threw my head back to shout at the ceiling, my hands slamming at the sliding doors. "Is anybody out there?"

"I think if there was, they would have answered the first dozen times you yelled at them to open 'these poopy elevator doors'," Jimin remarked, the silver earring dangling from his earlobe glinting mockingly.

I glared down at him balefully, my hands clutching into fists inadvertently as if by the sheer force of staring him down I could teleport out of here.

"How can you be so calm?" I snapped with more defiance than I felt.

Jimin shrugged. "Would you like me to try and pry these doors open with my bare hands? Every idiot with a pea-sized brain knows you should not do that while being stuck in an elevator."

I huffed. "Okay then. What should you do while being stuck in an elevator?"

"Wait until somebody comes to get you out."

He grinned like a demented Cheshire cat. Was he always this ridiculously excited?

"Ugh," I groaned, slumping my back against the wall. "I am so mad at my best friend for forgetting me like this. Isn't she supposed to come look for me? What about my boss, why doesn't he care that I did a fucking disappearing act? Goddammit, I need a raise after this." I said to no one in particular.

Jimin raised a brow. "Maybe they're getting it on together somewhere."

"Gross!" I wrinkled my nose. "Quinn would never fuck Rain."

"Why not. I saw the guy. He's ripped. Probably has a giant penis. Women must throw themselves at him all the time." Jimin said a lot more seriously than I anticipated.

"He's old!" I grimaced.

"Some girls are into older men. Guys your age don't know how to please you anyway." Jimin stated.

I couldn't suppress the snorting sound I released even if I wanted to.

"I'm telling you, they be fucking around and you don't even know," he grinned.

"She would tell me." I shot back bitterly.

"Not necessarily."

"Okay, enough!" I raised a hand next to my face. "I need you to stop talking."

"Would you rather I use my mouth for something else instead?" Jimin continued with his blatant flirting.

"Are you always this annoying?" I turned around to face him. "We might die in here and all you can talk about is sex and penises."