Chapter 9

"Do I really have to be Elsa?!" I shrieked, glaring at the bright blue dress that was just shoved in my hands by our boss, a thirty-something tall, ripped and handsome man by the name of Rain

I still wasn't sure whether this was even his real name. It's just what he makes us call him.

"I already told you, Di," his voice boomed in the small space of the storage room. "You're Elsa and Quinn is Anna. You're sisters and you wanna build a snowman or some other shit kids love. End of discussion."

I groaned, rolling my eyes towards Quinn who was twirling in front of the mirror, squealing happily.

"Who even requests that the waitresses are dressed as Disney princesses at a boy's birthday party?" I huffed.

Rain scratched his neck, giving me a clueless look. "You know what, I actually have no idea... the godfather was the one who made all the arrangements so I guess it's important to him and the birthday boy."

"The birthday boy is two years old. He won't have any idea what will be going on around him." I stated blankly.

"And by the way, why are we even serving champagne at a kid's birthday?" Quinn glided towards us, her hands on her hips. "It's, like, 2 in the afternoon."

Rain was getting impatient and cranky. "As I already told you girls, the godfather requested it." He groaned.

"Well this godfather sounds like a total douche." I concluded, letting my shoulders relax.

"Did the godfather also request strippers?" Quinn asked jokingly.

"You girls should be thankful that he didn't." Rain gritted before gliding past us and stepping out of the room. His head peeked inside one last time to glare at us. "And hurry up, the guests are already here."

I sighed helplessly, my fingers clasping around the sparkly material of the blue princess gown in my hands.

"Looks like I'm going to be Elsa today."

"I'm betting my ass this godfather dude is some real big perv." Quinn mumbled.

"He ain't getting near that ass," I gestured towards my backside, earning a cackle from Quinn.

Rain merely scoffed and rolled his eyes at us before stomping towards the door. Just as he was about to exit, he turned around and I got startled by the wideness of his eyes.

"Fuck," he sighed. "I forgot the cake."

"You forgot the cake?!" Quinn exclaimed.

"Goddammit ahjussi, that's like, the bare minimum for a birthday party," I tsked, offering him my most judgmental shake of my head.

The disappointment on his face shifted into irritability as his narrowed gaze zeroed in on me.

"Since you're such a smarty pants, you're going to go get it for me." He commanded.