Chapter 5

I deadpanned

I deadpanned.

"I said hello, it's only polite to greet me back." Jimin tsked, folding his arms over his chest.

I was completely stupefied, rooted to the spot. I never thought I'd hear him talk to me again, and there was an agreeable huskiness to his baritone that now sounded even lower. I was instantly reminded of the way his mouth would pant and moan next to my ear as he had me on my stomach, glued to the mattress.

"Can I help you?" I asked, putting on a mask of nonchalance. I figured he'd be here for someone else and needed help around the campus. God is my witness he may not even recognize me.

"Actually I'm glad you asked," he said, reaching a hand out. "Give me back my wallet."

Oh okay, so he does recognize me.

"Excuse me?" I asked in astonishment.

"You heard me, little kitten."

"Why would I have your wallet?" I was baffled.

"I know it was you who took it," there was a hardness to his tone even though his exterior remained casual and laid-back. "Better admit to it now while I'm still feeling friendly."

Was that a threat?

"You must be mistaken. I didn't take your wallet." I said, being completely truthful. "Now if you don't mind, I have some business to tend to." I wanted to smack myself on the head for that last one, but I really wanted to get away from there.

I took an unsteady step to the side, but he mirrored me instantly and stood right in front of me.

"Listen here, pretty little liar," he gave a sardonic sneer, his tongue glided over his full lips. "I know your type. You're a college student, money's probably tight. You came to that party with your little slutty low-cut dress and probably thought – why not fuck a rich guy and then flake with all of his money and credit cards? But the fun is over now, because I got you all figured out. So hand it over, now." He finished with a low growl, his darkened eyes piercing through me.

My gut twirled at how offended I was by all this. This was outrageous. My eyebrows pulled together and I stifled the urge to yell at him.

"I did not take your wallet, alright!" I snapped furiously. "How many times do I have to say this for you to fit it in your self-absorbed, narcissistic little mind? And you sure have some nerve coming here and accusing me of theft. You left that room before me, remember? How could I have taken it?"

"Well then where is it?" he grunted, slowly losing his cool.

"How would I know?" I groaned. "You probably left it there. That's not my problem."

Within a flash, his fingers wrapped around my wrist and he jerked me forward hashly.

"Well then you're coming with me to see if it's there," he said through gritted teeth. "And if it's not... I'm taking you straight to the police."