Chapter 25

Dear God

Dear God.

Please, if you can hear me.

Pretty, pretty please...

Let the Earth swallow me.

Right about now.

Let me disappear and be reborn in another life as something less troublesome than a human being, for example a lamp.

Yes, I would very much like to be a lamp in my next life, thank you very much, dear sir.

Help, my mind can't stop running in circles.

I am such an idiot.

"This is a misunderstanding," I said, slowly coming to terms with the fact that I may need to undergo plastic surgery, completely change my appearance and relocate to another country instead of living with this shame.

Jimin was unimpressed.

"I'm sorry. Were those texts not directed at me?" he asked casually.

"I never meant to send them!" I whispered despairingly.

"Oh, so you butt-texted me that my dick sucks?" He looked disappointed. "To be honest, I never expected those words to come out of your butt. I thought me and your butt were on good terms. You know, considering what we did last time..."

For the first time ever, his sexual innuendos did not stir a rush inside of me. Instead, I was mortified to the point where I wanted to hang myself.

"Please!" I stopped him, raising a hand next to my crimson face. "Me and Quinn got drunk. Things got a little out of control. I may have felt a little bit... frustrated, and let it out with these texts."

"Frustrated?" he cocked a brow, resting a shoulder on the wall.

"Yes, but I never planned to send them." I bit on the inside of my cheek.

"I believe you." he suddenly said, throwing me off guard.

My mouth popped open. "You do?"

"Yes," he confirmed. "You know, these things happen. I mean, not to me of course, because I'm a man with dignity and class," he said snobbishly, looking down at his nails and suddenly I felt as if I was gum under his shoe. "But sure, I can understand that you used your phone as an outlet. But why were you frustrated?"

This provoked a twinge of irritability within me.

"Isn't it obvious?" I asked, feeling small. "You weren't returning any of my calls."

Fuckfuckfuck. I am so pathetic. I sound so desperate. Dear God, kill me now.

"I was busy." He said as-a-matter-of-factly.

"I'm sure of it," I mumbled, my insecurity tearing through me. Busy with what? Another girl?

Park Jimin can never be a faithful man... he's just not cut out for it.