Chapter 22

Jimin's POV

Jimin's POV

"This is just wrong," Jungkook stated, throwing me a quick glance as we stepped out of the car.

It was difficult to imagine that the looming building before us was still functioning and was not just an abandoned relic waiting to be rescued from its lonely stance by a violent storm. It looked comatose. There were freckles of lichens upon its walls and its windows were grey and dusty, giving it a haunted look.

"I don't wanna do this." Jungkook declared quietly, turning on his heel and heading back from the car.

I grabbed him by the collar.

"Stay put."

"This is borderline stalking!" he whined.

"If I wanted to be lectured on morals, I would have brought Namjoon with me," I uttered morosely.

"But you brought me, and have now forever traumatized me with this act of personal space invasion," he announced, making me roll my eyes.

"You have the moral compass of a nine-year old."

"Meaning I'm pure and innocent?"

"Meaning you're fucking dumb."

"Ouch," Jungkook gave me a disheartened look, clutching his chest. "Why must you hurt me this way, Park Jimin? Yet another heart you've broken with your carelessness."

"Shut up and keep walking," I was becoming kind of annoyed with him. He'd been trying to convince me to go back since he set foot in my car and I had to stop myself multiple times from opening the door mid-drive and kicking him out of the vehicle.

"I don't know who told you it's appropriate to visit Diane's high school, but whoever it was they belong in a mental facility." Jungkook carried on trying to be witty but at least he started walking beside me. "What is your aim here anyway?"

"I'm just doing a little research." I informed him flatly.

"By digging up dirt from her past? That's not cool, Jimin."

Jungkook's voice sounded soft and affectionate all of a sudden, making me stop in my steps. I knew he was right, but there was no way to explain to him what my goal coming here was, because I was fucking terrified of how it would sound. Or it was just difficult saying it out loud, because in actuality what I wanted to do was just learn the name of the motherfucker that ruined Diane's childhood and adolescence, hunt him down and break every single bone in his body.

"I just want to track down the bastard that messed her up, alright?" I sighed, turning around to face Jungkook. "I know it's wrong, I know that, but I just can't sleep at night while knowing this man who abused her - a teenage girl, is walking freely and is probably destroying more lives as we speak."