Episode 76

Taylor throws her stuff into her locker and tries to catch her books as they all begin to fall out of her locker. She lets out an exasperated sigh and looks down at her books that are now scattered all over the floor before mumbling to herself in frustration. "Shit." She kneels down and begins picking them up when someone hands her a book with a smile.

"Hey."

She takes the book from Scarlett and stands up. "Thanks." She turns and puts the books back in her locker without even flashing a small smile.

She notices Taylor's distraught expression and gives her a look of concern. "What's wrong?"

She continues facing her locker and shrugs. "Nothing...everything." She closes her locker and turns to Scarlett. "Joe and I broke up."

She nods showing Taylor a brief look of sympathy. "I know."

"You know?"

"Joe told me"

"Right." She shakes her head before turning to walk down the hall with a saddened expression.

Scarlett quickly turns and follows Taylor, moving to a different subject. "So, about the 'Pom Squad' meeting today after school; I thought we should discuss what song we're going to incorporate-"

Taylor stops abruptly and turns around with a slight hint of anger. "Do you even care?"

Her eyes widen in surprise as she stops just inches from Taylor.

"I mean, we are friends...right?"

"Of course we're friends Tay." She smiles softly, wondering what Taylor was getting at.

"Well, correct me if I'm wrong but aren't friends supposed to be there for each other when one of them is going through a break up? I tell you that Joe and I are finished and it's like you don't even care. Actually, I don't think you have ever cared. It's almost like you were rooting for us to fail from the very beginning!"

Scarlett shakes her head and gives Taylor a serious face. "Taylor...I was never rooting for you and Joe to fail. I just want both of you to be happy."

"And what's that supposed to mean? Are you saying you don't think Joe was happy with me? Is that why you seem almost...joyful?!"

"No, no, I never said that."

Taylor's jaw tightens and she steps back, shaking her head. "Not the answer I was looking for. You know what? Thank you, thank you so much for being such a supportive and understanding friend, Scar...I really appreciate it." She turns and storms off down the hall.

Scarlett sighs and watches as she walks off down the hall in obvious sadness. She knew she should have been more supportive for Taylor. She finally turns around and sees Joe a ways off down the hall at his locker. She takes a deep breath before walking over to him with determination. "You really need to figure your shit out before I lose it!"

Joe looks over at her in confusion and slams his locker, turning to her. "What are you going off about now?"

She sighs and throws her head back. "What the hell do you want, Joseph?!"

"Dani." He speaks quickly, not even taking a moment to think over what she was asking him.

A huge smile quickly takes over her face as Joe stands there with a somber expression. "Seriously?"

"Seriously."

She flings her arms around him and gives him a quick hug. "Aw, that's great! So did you tell her how you feel?" She pulls away with that same illuminating smile, eager to hear details.