Episode 73

She stares straight ahead as Mia's voice echoes through the coffee house and her stomach tightens at the sound of her name. Nick turns to look at her with a smile. "You signed up to sing?"

Dani looks over at him with wide, terrified eyes and shakes her head. "No." She looks to her left and sees Scarlett with a guilty smirk on her face. "Scarlett Marie!" 

She shrugs her shoulders giving Dani an innocent expression. "I'm sorry...but I picked you a rockin song...go have some fun." She begins pushing Dani towards the stage but she continues to resist. 

"No! Scarlett!" She continues arguing with Scarlett but all too soon she finds herself at the step entrance of the stage and another pair of hands pulling her back up onto the stage.

Mia gives Dani a small smile and places the mic in front of her before whispering. "Sorry, Scar bribed me with twenty bucks if I helped her get you on stage." She places a hand on her shoulder and gives her a small smile. "Good luck."

Dani gulps and turns her head to face everyone in the crowd. Scarlett had no clue how bad her stage fright was, she may act like a totally bad ass at school but put her on stage or in front of a crowd of people and she felt like a baby mouse in a room full of vicious cats ready to attack. She hears scattered applause's and what she can only guess is Nick shouting out her name and clapping. She closes her eyes but as soon as the music begins to play she slowly opens them as a small smile forms across her face. She may have a strong hatred for Scarlett at the moment but she couldn't deny that girl had great taste in music.

"Here's the thing we started out friends

It was cool but it was all pretend

Yeah yeah

Since U Been Gone

And all you'd ever hear me say

Is how I pictured me with you

That's all you'd ever hear me say

But Since U Been Gone

I can breathe for the first time

I'm so moving on"

She can't help but smile at the lyrics and she makes a mental note to thank Scarlett. Finally, she was able to say what she had been feeling and it felt great. The lyrics spoke the words she had never been able to say and she felt as if weights were being lifted as the tempo increased and her confidence built with each second that passed.

"How come I'd never hear you say

I just wanna be with you

I guess you never felt that way

You had your chance you blew it

Out of sight, out of mind

Shut your mouth I just can't take it

Again and again and again and again

I'm so moving on

Yeah, yeah

Thanks to you

Now I get 

I get what I want

Since U Been Gone"

Her voice fades out softly as a loud roar of applause echoes throughout the restaurant. She stands on the stage for a moment with a big smile before saying a quick "thank you" into the mic and walking off the stage. She is met with Nick's smiling face as he quickly wraps his arms around her and gives her a hug before pulling away.