Episode 42

Nick busts through the entrance of the school doors the next day with an angered expression and begins searching the halls with determination. He finally spots Joe a ways off at his locker, he gives an ugly smirk and begins walking towards him. He grabs his shoulder and spins him around, making him fall back against the lockers with a loud thud.

Joe grimaces and opens his eyes to see Nick standing in front of him with a scowl. "Jerry." He forces a small, sarcastic smile. "So good to see you." He stands straight up, moving himself about an inch away from the lockers.

"Wish I could say the same, Adam." He pushes Joe back, making him hit the lockers once again with a thud.

Joe chuckles nervously as Nick steps towards him. "Look, dude, she's not your girlfriend anymore, okay? She broke up with you...for good reason if you ask me."

Nick glares at Joe before giving him a swift punch to the gut. "Yeah? Well, nobody asked you."

Joe groans and doubles over in pain, holding his stomach as Nick grabs a handful of Joe's hair and pulls his head up to speak in his ear. "You have no idea the amount of pain and suffering you just brought on yourself, Adam." He smirks at Joe one last time before turning and walking away.

~~~

Jake's walking down the hall and groans when he sees Chelsea leaning against his locker. He lets out an agitated sigh and begins walking towards his locker.

"Hi there, Jakey."

"You're in front of my locker."

"Oh. Am I? Oops." She moves out of the way with a smirk.

He walks up to his locker and begins putting in his combination as she walks up behind him and speaks close to his ear. "I've always wondered if school is similar to a prison."

He suddenly freezes in panic and slowly turns around to face Chelsea. "What did you just say?"

"Oh, you know how they say school is like a prison for children. Well, I was just wondering if it's really the same." She moves closer to Jake with a smile. "What do you think, Jake?"

He looks over at her with a slight glare. "What do you know?"

"What do I know? Well, quite a bit actually but if you're referring to your little 'secret' then yeah...I know about that."

He grabs Chelsea's wrist, pulling her closer and looks at her with anger before speaking quietly. "Who told you?"

"Jake, you're hurting me. You wouldn't want me to file a complaint and get you put back in juvie would you?" She smirks evilly as his hand slowly drops to his side. "That's more like it. Now, moving on to more important issues...what exactly are you willing to do to keep this little secret of yours under wraps?"

~~~

Taylor's sitting across from Mia at a lunch table with a huge grin permanently plastered across her face. She's pushing around the food on her plate, completely lost in thought.

Mia smiles across the table at Taylor while stuffing food in her face at a constant rate. "Was it really as romantic as it looked?"

She smiles and looks up at Mia, giving a nod.

"You know, usually I'm not all sappy and romantic but your little moment was just too amazing not to get sappy about." Mia gushes before shoving another spoon full of mashed potatoes into her mouth.

Taylor smirks at her appetite and gives her a surprised look. "Hungry much?"

Mia's eyes widen and she nods while chewing food. "Starving." She looks over at Taylor's untouched food with questioning eyes. "You gonna eat that?"