Episode 47

Taylor's sitting in the coffee shop with Joe, finishing up her iced coffee when she smiles up at him. "Thank you for dinner...and the movie, it was really good."

He looks at her with a smirk and confusion. "The dinner or the movie?"  

"Um...well, dinner was amazing...movie..." She sticks her hand out and tilts it back and forth with an unsure expression. "Transformers aren't really my thing." She chuckles and smiles politely.  

He snickers and shrugs as a thought enters his mind, Landon loves the Transformer movies, she would have loved this one. He quickly shakes his head and stands up from the table, tossing a ten on the table and walking towards the exit beside Taylor.  

They begin walking down the sidewalk and she smiles over at him. "So, where to next?"  

Joe chuckles and glances down at his watch, giving her a slightly confused expression. "Uh...Taylor, it's 10:30. Shouldn't I be getting you home?"   

She shakes her head with a small smile, "Nope, my mom's going to be gone for the next few days." Her smiles quickly fades and she turns to him, "But you probably have to get home, huh?"   

He nods with a bummed expression, "Yeah, I kind of do, sorry."   

She shrugs and smiles at him briefly, "That's okay." She glances down at the ground while continuing the walk, "I sometimes forget that not everyone has under-bearing" parents.   

She chuckles sadly and he looks over at her with questioning eyes, "Hey, Taylor?".   

"Yeah?"   

He speaks softly, "Do you mind telling my what happened with you dad? I mean, why did he leave?"   

She shows a small sad smile and begins to talk while looking at the ground, "Well, he left me and my mom for another woman when I was thirteen and before he left, he made sure to leave me scarred for life." She looks over at Joe with a sad smirk, "That's how most guys like to leave things, I guess; broken."   

"What did he do?" He asks in curiosity and slight worry.   

She nervously plays with her hands out in front of her while continuing to walk, "He told me...that I was a mistake...that I never should have been born and he was leaving because he didn't want me anymore...he never did." She chuckles sadly and looks over at Joe with tears building in her eyes, "One way to bring down the mood, huh?"   

He stops and grabs her hand to stop her from walking. She turns to him with glistening eyes and he begins to speak with seriousness, "You are not a mistake, Taylor. You are here for a reason and you are going to do great things. You are going to be amazing and live a life that makes him regret ever being such an ass."   

She could feel her cheeks turning pink once again which in turn only made her more embarrassed but she somehow managed to build up the courage to look him in eyes and tell him the one things she has been wanting to say for weeks now, "You know, most of the time I just wonder what I did to deserve someone as amazing as you. You're the only person in my life that doesn't make me feel...worthless."   

He steps closer to her and takes both of her hands in his, "You are worth more than you will ever know, Taylor...especially to me."   

She smiles and looks down at the ground once again.   

He places a finger under her chin and smirks, making her look up at him. "We have really got to get you accustomed to compliments because as long as I'm around you are going to be hearing a lot of them." He smiles and quickly leans forward, giving her a sweet kiss on the lips.