Episode 8

Taylor's sitting on the bleachers after practice, waiting for Nick when Chelsea walks up to her after changing in the locker rooms. "Are you sure you don't need a ride? Nick will probably be a while."

Taylor looks up at Chelsea and shakes her head. "Nah, that's okay."

She sighs and begins walking past Taylor. "Alright, loser." She smirks in amusement and continues walking.

Taylor leans back and watches as Nick continues practicing with the team.

 ~~~

After practice finishes Nick slowly makes his way over to Taylor after showering and changing. "Hey." He shows a small smirk and kisses her quickly on the cheek.

"Ready to go?"

He looks down at her clothes and back up to her face. "Don't you need to change?"

"I did." She states 'matter-of-fact'.

"Oh, okay. Lets go then, I guess." He begins walking off the field as Taylor sighs and follows after him.

 ~~~

Dani knocks on Joe's door around 6:00pm and waits outside. Ms. Adam opens the door with a small smile. "Danielle!" She opens the door wider for Dani to come in. "Come on in. Joe's upstairs in his room, you can go on up."

Dani turns to Joe's mom with a smile. "Thank you, Ms. Adam." She turns and walks up the stairs and into Joe's room without even bothering to knock. She sees Joe standing outside his closet while examining all of his clothes.

Joe glances back and smirks. "You should really try knocking sometime."

"And you should really understand me by now." She steps over to his bed and falls back with a sigh. "Can you please try and communicate to your mother that my name is "DANI" not "DANIELLE"? You'd think after three years she would have processed it." She sits up from his bed after he fails to respond and turns to him in confusion. "What are you doing, anyways?"

Joe sighs and pulls out a striped button up shirt. "Trying to make my wardrobe less..." He holds up the shirt to his chest in front of the mirror. "...me."

Dani walks over to stand behind him, unsure of what he means. "What are you talking about? I happen to like the way you dress."

"Yeah, well...you're not the one I'm trying to impress." He speaks softly and jokingly, not expecting Dani to take it personally but she does. She stands there feeling hurt for a moment before quickly bouncing back. 

"Well, I'm sorry but if little miss popular won't date you because of your choice in t-shirts...she's most definitely not worth a second of your time."

Joe looks back at her with questioning eyes and a joking tone. "Isn't that a song?" Dani crosses her arms and watches as Joe pulls out a few of his t-shirts, tossing each one over on his bed. Joe holds up a t-shirt to his chest and turns around to face her. "What do you think about this one?"

Dani face contorts weirdly as she shakes her head.

Joe sighs and slouches before turning back around and tossing the shirt on his bed. "See? You hate my wardrobe too!"

Dani chuckles softly and walks over to his bed. "No, I just hate that shirt." She picks up the shirt and points to a stain. "Adam, it still has the stain from when you squirted that bottle of ketchup all over yourself freshman year." She smirks and turns back around to look through the shirts and pants that had been tossed on his bed.

Joe smiles at Dani's comment then realizes something and turns back to her. "That's right but we weren't even really friends then...how did you know that?"