Not thinking, I lean closer to Harry, grabbing his hand and press my lips on his forehead, sponging a kiss on his soft, warm skin. There's a scent on him that has nothing to do with the expensive cologne he wears all the time - it's a fresh, almost minty-like smell with a touch of cinnamon, slightly musky like an autumn afternoon. It's a combination of things that makes this scent his, and it's ultimately intoxicating.

"Thank you." I mumble under my breath, for some reason feeling my cheeks getting hot. "For your words... For being here for me."

"Anytime, B--" He stops himself, suddenly breaking eye contact and delicately pulling his hand from mine.

The air around us shifts slightly, so out of the blue I get confused for a moment. Nothing visibly changed, but the high wall Harry has been keeping up ever since he came back to New York it's almost palpable now. The sarcastic grin pops back to his lips and something disappears from his eyes.

"Come on, now, Honeycup. I can't believe you're that upset about me making a little trip with you." The teasing on his voice makes it clear - the moment is gone. "It's going to be fun, I know a lot of places in Washington we can party."

"A place we can party? Seriously, Harry?" All the softness from less than a minute before is gone and my blood starts to boil again. "PTS is one of the biggest deals to our company and you're talking about fucking parties?" I take a deep breath. "Why are you like this? Seriously, it has to be a reasonable explanation!"

"Why am I like what?" He raises his eyebrows, a nonchalant expression on his face that doesn't fool me at all.

"So inconsiderate about S&L and the things that should matter the most! S&L is our business, our future, and yet you act like it's the least of your concerns!" I roll my eyes, suddenly feeling too agitated to stay quiet so I stand up from Maddie's bed. "I mean, the only explanation I can think of is that you do it just to annoy me - which doesn't make any sense. We used to be such good friends when we were younger--" My voice trails off as I cut myself mid-sentence, the recent happenings making me more emotional than I've anticipated.

Harry's eyes locks on mine, half of his face completely dark from the shadows, the only light in the room is the dim luminance coming through the window.

"Things are not as easy as you think, Aster." He says matter-of-factly. "There's a lot of things you don't know."

"Tell me, then." I try, even though I know what his answer will be.

"Oh, but I can't, can I?" Now Harry is the one eye-rolling. "One thing I can say, though. It's best if you don't know. Trust me."

"Don't be so condescending of me, Harry. You can't decide what is best for me or not, and by this time I would have to be a complete moron not to realize there's something happening." I take a deep breath. "And if you don't tell me, I'll find another way to figure things out."

Harry sighs. "You just can't let it go, can you?"

"Nope." I shake my head. "So you may as well just tell me and save us both from the trouble."

"Jesus Fucking Christ, Aster!" Harry snaps, standing up too and walking around. "Why are you so damn stubborn? You worry too much, bloody hell, just take care of your own business!"

My heart beats faster, the sudden increased blood flow tinting my cheeks red. It is just so unfair that Harry is the one snapping at me right now, when he's to blame of everything to begin with. He is the one keeping secrets, he is the one who doesn't care enough to take things seriously, yet keep stealing the spotlights and making everything be about him.