Twenty-One

"I'm home!" Jungkook announced as he stepped in.

He saw Akira in the kitchen, he noticed her shoving away something quickly. He arched his eyebrow seeing her back turned towards her. He leaned against the kitchen door.

Akira turned and said awkwardly "Hi!.. Your home.."

"What are you doing?" Jungkook enquired.

"Me? Oh! Nothing. Nothing really, just breaking the dishes." Akira fumbled up completely nervous.

"You mean washing the dishes?" Jungkook corrected her.

"Yes! Yes right washing the dishes." She agreed.

"I'm heading for a bath, just keep the dinner ready." Jungkook requested her.

Akira nodded.

As Jungkook went upstairs, Jimin creaked from below the dining table.

"If he would've stayed a second longer i would have lost my breath." He whispered.

Akira kneeled next to him and said "And your scent would have been out! Exposing us!" She thought of the worst possibility.

Akira decided to let Jimin use her basement tonight. It was too risky for him to stay in her room. Jungkook was already doubting her.

She quickly lead Jimin downstairs placing him on the old leather huge couch enough for two people to sleep on. She handed him a pillow and a duvet.

Clearing out her side table she placed water for him.

Jimin layed down on the couch still shirtless. Since his wounds seemed a lot better Akira decided to get him different outerwear.

"I'll get you something to wear." Akira told him.

"From where?" Jimin asked.

Akira smiled at him awkwardly.

"If he catches you sneaking in his cupboard he's going to ask you what's the purpose of taking men's wear?" Jimin raised an eyebrow at her.

Akira fumbled again "Well, I'll tell him uh.. I'm looking for my top that might be misplaced when I did the laundry.." She continued "There! HA!... Plan ready. I'll be back!"

Akira carefully shut the door to the basement. She took cautious steps towards Jungkook's room.

She took a deep breath in.

She still heard the sizzling of the shower indicating Jungkook was still taking a bath.

She quickly went inside and opened his wardrobe.

She picked out a maroon V-neck that laid at the far corner in the shelf. She knew she couldn't take something obvious or else Jungkook would easily notice it.

She rushed downstairs as she heard the tap switch off.

"Mission accomplished." Akira cheered as she handed Jimin the T-shirt.

Jimin quickly slipped it on.

"Akira thank you for everything, for doing this for me." Jimin was grateful to her, for the risks she's taking and for being there for him when he needed her the most.

Akira played punched his shoulder.

"Do not Thank me, I'll do whatever for you. I'm actually kinda glad your here..." She admitted, her face heating up.

Jimin looked at her. He came closer to her, Akira began blushing beyond control.

"I'm glad too.." He whispered to her with a smile.

"Jungkook must be looking for me! Just rest as he sleeps ill come to check on you."  Akira stood up and began rushing towards the exit of the basement. But as she was about to move, Jimin swiftly caught her hand, gently curling his fingers in between hers.

Akira turned around and stared at their hands.

" What... What is it?.. " She muttered.

Jimin shyly replied "Nothing.." he let go of her hand.

Akira was burning pink as she walked upstairs.

She opened the door with a unsual smile on her face.

She  immediately bumped her head onto Jungkook's chest, he stood with his arms on his hips staring intently down at Akira.

His eyes very unusually determined.

Akira gulped as her nervous crept it, bubbles of worry rose in her stomach seeing Jungkook watching her every move.

"Who were you talking to?" Jungkook questioned her.

"Talking.. Too? What do you mean?" Akira tried to sound completely cool.

She tried to relax her body language by stretching her arm out.

"I heard you speaking to someone." Jungkook sternly said.

"Nope.. Uh.. No." She awkwardly spoke.

"I heard it." Jungkook futher pursued.

"Nah.. Its nothing." She nervously tried to explain otherwise.

"Your acting really out of place, the sounds were clear. What is going on down there?" He firmly stood his ground.

"Uh.. Oh! So i made this new celestial Portion but it kinda messed up. So.. I.. I was like talking to.. Myself! Right myself. Saying i definitely messed up the proportions and measurements! So.. You.. You must have heard me.. Talking to me! Yeah.." She nervously explained and laughed at end.

" Your being really weird? " Jungkook stared at her.

" Me? Pft! No i mean come on, I'm just like worked up.. Haha.." She explained.

" I want to go in your basement. " Jungkook said.

Rings of sirens rang in Akiras head. Her heart was racing. She was completely screwed up at this point.

She placed a hand on the door.

"No no! There's absolutely no need. I have to do some cleaning down there and it's a mess. Maybe tomorrow.. You can go." Akira tired to convince him.

He still didn't buldge from his spot. Akira pleaded with soft eyes. Until she decided to shift his attention completely.

"You must be hungry! I'm starving too! Come on!" She grabbed Jungkooks hand and lead him back to the kitchen. He silently followed her.

She sighed in relief as she saw Jungkook wasn't retaliating.

But Jungkook was in complete doubt, he knew Akira was definitely upto something.