◃◃118▹▹

◃◃ Memory #13 ▹▹

Xiao Dejun

▹◃▹◃▹◃▹◃▹◃▹◃▹◃▹◃▹◃▹◃

"Thanks for meeting me out here Renjun"

Xiaojun asked me to join him on the roof, so I decided to accompany him.

We just sat on the edge of the roof, gazing down at the city below.

"No problem hyung~. But why ask me so suddenly? You usually come here by yourself"

"No reason in particular. I just need your opinion on something"

"What is it??"

I questioned.

"You know about how Jeno and I both come from the same clan of evil shinobi. And you know we both left for a better life. What do you think about that?"

"Well, I believe you both made the right decision, and I think it was an even better decision that you left in secret. Otherwise, they probably would've killed you both. But, don't either of you miss your families?"

"That's exactly what I wanted to hear"

Xiaojun smiled, staring at the moon above.

"I miss my parents so much, and I know Jeno does too. However, my parents were the ones that encouraged me to escape. After Jeno left, they sent out a search party to go find him. I was a part of that squad. However, even if we were trying to find him, they gave us the order to kill him on sight for betraying the clan"

I remained silent.

"For days, we returned with no luck of finding him. I told my parents how I really felt about the whole situation, about how I didn't want to kill an innocent child who just wanted a better life. They encouraged me to leave after that, to ensure his safely and mine. I even went to Jeno's parents to discuss the situation. They were heartbroken that he left, but they were happy that he wanted a life better than this. They asked if I could carry out one final request for them before I left"

"What was their request hyung?"

"They asked me to find and protect Jeno. They also requested for me to teach him everything that I had learned that wasn't evil, since I was in the clan's top rankings. So, I left to find him, but for years, I just couldn't track him down. I soon met Hendery and YangYang, and they agreed to help me find him. Then that day, at the HDJ, I felt a familiar aura nearby, similar to those of Jeno's parents. Unfortunately, I had to focus on other tasks, since multiple heroes had gone missing without a trace"

That's the day we met them, and it's the same day when we left Ethora.

"There was only one hero left that hadn't been taken control of that day"

"Jaehyun-hyung..."

He nodded.

"We followed him secretly, to find a way to save him before they got to him too. He ran all the way to where the ships were, and when I saw Jeno on the ship that he was heading for, I became happy. I was happy that I finally found him, so that I could finally carry out his parents' requests. After informing Hendery and YangYang that the kid I was looking for was on that ship, they immediately sprung into action with me. We made it our duty to protect Jaehyun-hyung and help him get on that ship, and also to protect the ship from the possessed heroes, to ensure Jeno's safety"

I nodded.

"Then, when you ordered us to fall back, I was surprised, but also happy. To be cared about by someone I never met before, I was delighted. I never got to say it back then, but thank you Renjun"

"Huh?? Why thank me hyung??"

"Because of you, the three of us escaped danger unscathed. We were able to save Jaehyun-hyung, and I was finally able to get to Jeno. Without you, I would never have carried out his parents' requests. I would've lived the rest of my life feeling nothing but guilt. You really are an amazing kid Renjun. Thank you, for everything~"

He smiled wider than ever before.

I've never seen him smile so much! It makes me very happy to see him so delighted~.

"...You're welcome hyung~"

-

⚔️

"..."

"......"

"........."

"I meant it..."

"You truly are an amazing kid..."

"You're leadership skills are simply amazing..."

"You do so well under pressure..."

"You're always looking out for others before yourself..."

"..."

"I'm so glad..."

"I'm glad that we're on the same team together..."

"..."

"......"

"However..."

"If you don't stand up and fight..."

"How I do you expect me to continue fighting by your side...?"

"You've never given up on anyone else..."

"You never give up, no matter how hard things get..."

"So don't start now..."

"Don't give up on yourself..."

"How can you expect us to continue being on the same team anymore if you don't..."

"Wake up"