▹143◃

-

4 Hours Later
At Redwood Academy

-

We finally arrived back at Redwood Academy after leaving Planet Zage

First, we had to make a pit stop back at home. Suko said she wanted to take a nap, so we took her home so that she could sleep in her bed. Afterwards, we immediately departed for Redwood Academy.

Thankfully, it was still open when we arrived. But to our surprise, Peter, Ariana, and Michael were standing right at the front doors with all of the other two hundred and twenty students!

"Congratulations Renjun~!"

"And thank you all for your hard work, and for saving our world"

Ariana and Peter were the first to greet us, along with Michael's enthusiastic clapping.

The other student's clapped and cheered as well. A couple of them held up a banner that read "Thank You For Saving Our World!", and a few others released balloons and confetti.

"You guys really thought this through huh?"

"Of course~. You guys deserve it~"

Ariana cheered.

"Congrats on becoming our new number one hero by the way"

Peter smiled.

It seemed that most of the students were oblivious to that for some reason. I heard multiple whispers and murmurs coming from most of them, and I could see the shock on their faces.

Did the majority of them somehow not see the broadcast???

"Wait. What happened to Iron Bolt???"

"When did he suddenly stop being the number one hero???"

"Did something happen???"

"How come he was replaced so easily???"

Those were among the many questions I heard in the crowd.

I know it's not my fault that Iron Bolt passed down his role to me. But, it's not like I asked for that role either...

I wanted him to remain our number one hero, just like everyone else. But he was ready to retire, and I doubt we'd find someone as strong as me if I turned him down.

"Iron Bolt retired, and he chose Renjun-hyung as the next heir to be the number one hero"

Chenle suddenly defended me.

"Hyung may not have asked for this, especially not this soon, but it's not like he could change Iron Bolt's decision either. He felt that Renjun-hyung earned his spot among the greatest heroes. And how could he not after he saved multiple worlds singlehandedly?"