• 54 • (18+)

——    ——

The bedroom door closed softly behind him. He stood inside the dimly lit room with his back against it, acutely aware of his quickened breathing. Chocolate depths smiled at him before returning to her nightly routine, and he removed his lower lip from between his teeth to return a smile of his own. She was freshly showered and so was he. The fact that he probably smelled like rubber, adrenaline, and artificial smoke after playing laser tag for half of the night was the only thing that kept him from telling her then and there outside on that blanket that—

"I'm ready."

His words made her actions cease, her gaze turning to meet his, and seeing the realization in them made him shrink against the door by a tiny fraction. The confession tumbled from his lips without warning. He had spent his entire shower duration thinking of the perfect segue into the admission only to end up treating it like the worst kept secret, spilling his desires like a kid walking with an overfilled cup.

"Come here," she said.

Her gentle voice ended his self admonishing and coaxed lowered puppy eyes to meet hers again.

"Come here," she repeated, her lips turning up into a comforting smile.

Her caring expression gave his legs the strength to carry him across the room to meet her. She had come to stand on the bed in the meantime, putting her taller than him as he stood in front of her. Effort was required to keep his attention away from the imprint of her nipples through the sleep shirt she wore to her face, the task made easier when she wrapped her arms around him. His encircled her waist, pulling her flush against him.

She leaned down slightly to touch her forehead to his, speaking again when his eyes finally found hers.

"Thank you for trusting me," she said softly.

Lips met tenderly, the shy kisses of new lovers, cautiously desirous. Nervousness slowly ebbed away, its retreat hastened by her taking his lower lip between her teeth. The sensation elicited a sigh and he held her tighter, tilting his head, silently asking her to deepen their kiss.

Warmth pooled within her as she obliged him, their tongues dancing delicately together. He sighed again, the precursor to a moan, and she could feel his hardening length brushing against her legs. She reached down and began slowly pulling his shirt up, their kiss pausing so that she could lift it over his head.

As if by magnetism, the lovers sought each other again. Moving from his lips, she began a trail of kisses across his cheek as she placed her hand on the other, subtly tilting his head.

"You're safe with me," she whispered between kisses. "I'll take care of you."

He nodded slowly, her promise melting away more of his nervousness. She then continued kissing her way down his jaw to his neck, lightly nipping at the sensitive skin there. He sighed again at the sensation, gripping the fabric of her shirt in his hands.

"Take off my shirt," she whispered.

He obeyed, slowly pulling the garment over her head and discarding it to join his on the floor, leaving her in nothing but her underwear. He paused to appreciate as he'd longed to do since the first video of her he'd watched in secret. The fullness of her hips, the soft curve of her waist, and her ample bosom that he only saw on a 6-inch screen and in the recesses of his mind were much more beautiful in person.