• 13 •

-- ∞ --

"I am going to get lost on this campus."

Brow drawing to a peak in the center, Jungkook looked up at the towering buildings that outlined the verdant expanse of the campus quad. The further onto the grounds he and Hyun-Ji walked, the more the buildings seemed to grow and loom over his entire existence.

"I guess we'll be getting lost together, then."

He turned to his right and looked down at his smiling fiancée. She was becoming quite the optimist these days, a change that was both welcomed and appreciated. The corner of his mouth twitched up slightly, only to fall again.

"I wish I was as excited as you are," he said.

She trotted a few paces ahead of him and turned to face him, walking backward. "Why aren't you? It's like a whole new beginning! New people, new surroundings, no bullies from last year..."

"Hyun-Ji, I barely graduated and I'm about to start it all over again, only this time I get to pay money for my F's," he frowned, shoving his hands into his pockets.

The closer they came to the first day of classes, the more Jungkook thought he should have followed Taehyung's plan and pursued modeling full time.

"Lucky for you, you live with the best study partner on the campus," she beamed. "I have note-taking down to a science."

It was true. Had it not been for the chemistry notes she had made for him, he wouldn't have graduated at all.

"You should be a teacher," he said, finally cracking a smile.

"Nah," she said, scrunching her nose. "You and Hyori are all the children I can deal with right now!"

"Wait, what do mean, me?!"

"Did I say that out loud?" She giggled.

"Yeah, you did," he frowned in mock irritation.

"You two need a ride to orientation?"

A smiling woman driving a large golf cart with another passenger stopped beside them. She wore a jacket emblazoned with the school colors and emblem.

"It's still kind of a far walk from here. I'm shuttling people straight there if you want a lift."

"Um, sure!" Hyun-Ji said.

"Hop on!"

Hyun-Ji and Jungkook climbed aboard, taking the rear seats, and their driver smoothly pulled off in the direction of the main building at the top of the quad.

"I'm Leah, by the way. I'm actually going to be leading one of the tours once we get a big enough group. You're welcome to join me if you want. Not to brag, but I'm one of the best guides this school has ever seen! Not even exaggerating a little bit."

Leah's enthusiasm earned a round of chuckles from her passengers, and her chatter was so bubbly that it was hard for Jungkook to stay pensive about what was to come.

Before long, they came to a stop in front of the main building. In front of the stairs leading up to the brick edifice were countless tables featuring elaborate displays in an effort to attract new students to join their clubs, unions, and organizations. The group disembarked from the golf cart, and the couple began to peruse the selection.

"So are you thinking of joining any-"

"Found one," Jungkook mumbled and took off for the table advertising the athletics association.