Announcement

Hey guys.
It's Mochii.

I feel the need to say something, yet even as I write this I'm unsure if I should. I can already feel the anxiety building.

Before I say this, I feel the need to thank everyone for reading up to this point. The story has gone through some extreme highs and lows, and have made both you and I cry tears of joy and pain. You take the time out of your day to keep coming back, and I appreciate you for doing that. Just like many of you get excited when I post, I get excited to read your comments. This book helps many of you get through this difficult time, and to be honest it helps me too.

I am still working. I work in healthcare so my exposure to COVID is very real and it's potentially on a daily basis. I have a young son who travels with me because I have no other option and I do my best to protect both of us everyday, so things are difficult for me too. Writing is my escape. It takes my mind off of my worries for a little bit, and it truly gives me joy.

Thank you for sharing this joy with me.

However, I feel the need to gently remind that this is not a smut book. It contains smut, but that was never the focus, and maybe it's my fault for making it seem that way because of the frequency of those chapters.

I apologize.

This book is about unconditional love, communication, the importance of mental health and a strong support system, the road to recovery, surviving and thriving after abuse and trauma, forgiveness, growth, strength, and the potential to change for the better, among others.

I have been working on this book since December. I had researched for this book extensively for a month prior to writing because I wanted to make sure I got it right, and I continue to research to this day. I didn't want to make a caricature of anyone that has ever suffered a traumatic brain injury, lives with amnesia, dissociative identity disorder, been a victim of abuse, or any other concept I've written about.

People live with these issues, and I would feel like the lowest person should they happen to read this and feel I made a mockery of them. Even I am a survivor of one of these, and I would feel disheartened to see my past traumas depicted in a trivialized way.

I have spent countless hours building this alternate universe and the characters in it, their personalities, histories, and the lives they lead. I do this as practice for an actual career in storytelling that I have been deeply considering for several months.

So I am saddened that my work, my research, have been reduced to the chapters that have the 18+ tag based on some comments. Not all, but some.

To be as raw as I possibly can be, some comments, again not all, have been discouraging and I have considered a hiatus. My imposter syndrome is running rampant and telling me that this is the confirmation I needed to know I'm really not the great author I am believed to be if I'm making my readers upset and frustrated like this.

In this regard,
Jungkook/Justin and I are the same.

We're all anxious to see two characters we love get back to normal, even I can't wait to get to those chapters, but my books are written in a way that imitates life, and so shouldn't be rushed.

Else negative consequences could result for the characters,
And the book would end early.

Their story is too beautiful to end early, in my biased and singular opinion.

I've plotted this book to the end in a way that I am happy with, and in a way that leaves me with no regrets when the story of Jungkook and Hyun-Ji concludes.

I hope to see this goal through to the end.

I also hope that you, the reader, decide to stay on the journey of these characters, but if not, I truly understand, and I apologize for misleading you.

I will use this as a learning experience and try to be better with this in the future, as I have many books planned that contain adult content.

Again, I want to give my humblest thanks to those that have supported both me and my work here. Thank you for reading, for your kind words, for your hilarious comments, your interesting theories, your sharp observations, and your love.

I'm truly grateful for all of it.

For those that decide that this is where we part ways, I also appreciate you for giving my work a chance. Thank you.

If you've read all of this,
You're the real MVP. Thank you for listening.

See you soon ❤️

Love,
Mochii.