"He k-killed himself?"

Todoroki's POV

Something was wrong. Very, very wrong.

I could tell the moment I woke up, because for one, Izuku wasn't there and the bed beside me was empty, and so was the rest of the room.

Well, apart from Katsuki, of course.

I jumped, obviously startled by his presence, but my shock immediately turned to worry when I noticed his tearstained face, and I quickly slid out of bed, rushing to wrap my arms around him.

"Katsuki," I murmured, holding him closer, because he was sobbing. "What happened? Are you okay?"

He didn't answer me, but gripped onto my shirt tightly.

I slipped my hand into his hair and caressed his scalp, using my other hand to rub his back.

Katsuki leaned into me, and almost caused me to fall over.

I quickly pulled us back to the bed, sitting him down and kneeling in front of him on the floor.

"Katsuki, where's Izuku?"

The question made him sob harder, and he leaned forward, resting his head on my shoulder.

I began to shake, fear overwhelming me.

What happened?

"Katsuki, you're scaring me." I whimpered, my voice shaking.

My statement caused the blonde to look up, and he grabbed both my cheeks, forcing me to look at him.

"It's okay," he murmured, looking me in the eyes, and I was confused, because why is he telling me this? "It's gonna be okay, okay Shouto? It's gonna be okay."

I was crying now, because obviously something was wrong, and something bad must have happened.

Where was Izuku?

"Katsuki," I swallowed, my eyes watering. "What happened? Where is Izuku?"

Katsuki shook his head, tears falling from his eyes and his hands still holding my face. "He's gone, Shouto."

I froze; dread filling my chest and bile rising in my throat. He's gone? Gone where? Oh my god, what happened? Why is Katsuki like this? He would only be acting like this if Izuku was dead –

I screamed.

And I didn't stop screaming.

"Shh, it's okay, it's okay, I swear," Katsuki wrapped me in a hug, falling to the ground beside me. "It's okay, Shouto, I'm sorry, it's okay."

How did this happen?

Why did this happen?

Why to Izuku?

And why not me?

I was a little calmer after a few minutes, and I took a deep breath, pushing out of my brother's arms.

"What happened? What do you mean he's gone?"

I needed to know for sure, because there was no way that he could be gone. Not that quickly.

Not that quietly.

Katsuki took a deep breath and reached out, holding my hand.

"Kirishima . . . Kirishima found him this morning," he started, and my tears began flowing again. "He was on the bathroom floor, and his left wrist was deeply cut."

I sniffed, covering my mouth with my hand that wasn't holding Katsuki's.

"There was blood a-and . . . and a blade."