38 | Thin white lies.

【𝗕𝗔𝗗 𝗘𝗡𝗗𝗜𝗡𝗚.】
𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

[edited; 4740 words] 

sorry for the wait, thank
u for being patient <3

«When will you tell me what's wrong?» Mega's phone went off, snapping Harvey back to reality. 

As he attempted to process his question, the raven-haired boy adjusted his position that became uncomfy due to the long period of time without moving. 

His legs were comfortably situated on the soft blanket on the bed, while his upper body was resting upside-down on the carpeted floor. 

«I'm pretty sure Zak knows what's going on, why can't I?» the younger continued, leaning against the wall behind him. 

Mega was working on his laptop, sitting cross-legged right beside Harvey's legs. He closed his device as he focused on his classmate. 

Finally out of that trance that thinking put him onto, Harvey understood his questions. 

Abruptly lifting himself up with his forearms, he frowned at Mega, "What are you talking about?" he questioned with a slight shake of his head. "I'm doing perfectly fine."

In reply to his not so inconspicuous lie, one of the younger's eyebrows rose. «I know you aren't, it's obvious.» he exaggerated. 

Harvey's eyes, ones that were not subtly struggling to lie and keep hiding his pain, quickly darted away from Mega. 

"It never mattered," he murmured, sliding his legs off the bed. As an efficient excuse not to look at his friend, he stood up. "Why should it now?"

The shorter slid his computer aside and hopped off the bed. With a rough motion, he grabbed Harvey's shoulder as if he wanted to scroll that dumb stubbornness off of him. 

Mega's uncomfortable hold on his phone caused him to struggle to type quickly, «It matters because you matter.»

No verbal answer came in response. The raven-haired boy just stood there, avoiding eye contact as he anxiously bit down the inside of his cheek.

«Seriously, dude. What's up?» the other insisted, shaking him slightly. 

Harvey had to hold himself back once again, tempted to question his friend and ask if all that sudden and new empathy was built off guilt and pity.

"Nothing to worry about." he sighed as he turned and let himself fall back on the bed.

«Oh, fuck off!» Mega spat with a growing frown taking over his rare and worried expression. With his foot he gently tapped Harvey's legs, which were swinging off the bed. «C'mon, dude!»

"You never asked," he muttered in response to his insistent teases, "what's the point on asking now?"

Taken aback by that new and unexpected side of his best friend, the shorter frowned furthermore. «Okay, listen.» he started, turning serious as he sat down beside him. «This is the last time I'm repeating this: just 'cause I'm an asshole, it doesn't mean I don't or can't care about my friends.»

Harvey's eyes, ones that were now able to mask up his true emotions, finally met Mega's. They had some sort of stare competition, their glances fighting eachother.

A grin grew on the Asian boy lips, who shook his head as he pushed his friend. "I got you good, you dumbo." he giggled, lifting his upper body up with a forearm. "I was just testing you!"