25 | Past wrongs.

Quick steps echoed against the walls of the tight hallway, framed by the dormitories doors all closed shut.
The blonde boy stared worryingly at the phone screen as he walked to his apartment, looking at the unreplied texts sent to Zak hours before.

'Oh my goodness, I hope he's not mad...' he thought, anxiously tapping his thumb on the side of the device.

It was almost seven and a half in the evening, it was already dark outside and the gray clouds covering the sunset threatened rain.

Darryl felt bad for how much that stupid inventory check took, and he would have been back way sooner if the librarian didn't ask for help too.
The incapacity to say no to others was something really bothering, that would often trap him in unpleasant situations, especially when he would do something for his classmates such as homeworks and projects.

Once in front of his dormitory door, he tucked the device into his hoodie pocket accompanying the gesture with a light sigh. He took out from the opposite pocket a bunch of keys, and tucked one of them into the lock, quickly unlocking the door and entering the apartment.

"Hey, I'm back, little muffin!" Darryl announced closing the door behind him while taking off the black jacket he was wearing. "I'm so, so sorry I took this much, but..." his voice faded away as soon as his eyes landed on a cyan sticky note on the kitchen fridge feet away in front of him.

Frowning, the tall boy found himself unable to move, stunned by that single small piece of paper.

"Zak?"

Silence welcomed his words once again.
Knowing that the only answer to why the short boy wasn't answering was most likely written on the sticky note, way too far from Darryl, somehow kept his shoes glued on the ground.

After taking a deep breath, the blonde boy approached the fridge, freezing once close enough to understand the messy words written on the cyan sheet.
As soon as realization hit him, Darryl's eyes opened wide while in a quick motion he grabbed his phone back out of the hoodie's pocket.
His thumbs danced quickly on the screen dialing Zak's number, and after pressing the green dot on the display, the blonde boy brought the device against his ear.

'C'mon, Zak... please, pick up...' he begged in his thoughts, anxiously walking in circles as the regular beeping didn't stop.

At the last second, the call got accepted.

"Yo, with who am I talking to? I have no idea who's phone is this." a clearly drunk guy asked lengthening every single word spoken, ending his sentence with a sick laughter.

The screams and loud music in the background bumped into Darryl's hear, causing him to slightly distance the phone from his ear.

"Oh my goodness... Hi, this is Darryl. Why do you have Zak's phone?" he anxiously questioned, stopping his hectic walk.

"Uh... I dunno, It was on the kitchen counter, your friend is dumb." the boy replied, chuckling at his own words.

"Gosh, do you know who Zak is?" Darryl asked while putting his jacket back on.

"Uh... you mean Skeppy?"

"Yes, exactly."

"Duh, of course I do" he answered with an annoyed tone of voice.

"Good, do you know where is he?" the blonde boy asked, bringing his hopes up.

"Somewhere in the house, duh." the guy answered, with another laughter following his words.

Darryl gritted his teeth anxiously, feeling the blood boiling in his veins.

"It'd be way more helpful if I knew where, which house." the Senior muttered, about to lose his patience.