12 | No fair.

Zak forced his eyes open, confusingly looking around at the unknown surrounding.
Getting sat up helping himself with his forearm, he started studying the room, the familiar and pleasant scent while trying to remember what happened before blacking out.
He looked outside the window that partly hidden by a black curtain, realizing it was still night.

'My head is fucking exploding... did I get drunk or something? I can't remember...' anxiously thought, bringing one hand against the temple.

Instinctively, looking down, Zak realized he wasn't wearing his hoodie, but a black one with red stripes around the borders instead, it was way too big for him.
Noticing that under it there still was his t-shirt, made him freak out, roughly lifting up his sleeves.

"Fuck." swore silently, with clenched teeth.

His wrists were both wrapped into new bandages. He overlaid his arms, bringing the sleeves up till his fingers, covering his face with them right after, trying not to curse loudlym
The scent that unknown hoodie emitted filled his nostrils, worsening the situation as he immediately recognized it.

'Wait... Darryl? What the fuck? Please, don't tell me I did stupid shit with him.'

Repressing the panic, he looked around him, searching for his backpack, not finding it.

'I don't fucking like this.'

His balance wasn't stable, yet, he decided to stand up anyway, staggering toward the open room's door helping himself leaning on the walls.
Peeping his head out before exiting, he saw nothing but a dark, tight hallway.
Taking a deep breath, he walked as fast as his body permitted to towards the other room, who was a small living room, illuminated by the full moon outside the french window, not visible from the room Zak was in before.
In the room, there were two small couch, a TV and a switch on charge, not a single living soul aside him was around.
After wandering around the room in search of his backpack for a pair of minutes, he found it on a table near the entrance of the apartment, his hoodie folded with his phone one it were beside bag.
At the sight of it, a memory of him taking the pill Clay gave him flashed before his eyes, making him flinch.

'Right, the pill... I can't remember because of it?' questioned himself, pulling the bag closer.

He opened the front task, remembering he put the container in there.

'Fuck no.'

It wasn't in there anymore. Panic filled is body.

'Shit, shitshitshit, he knows?! Fuck, he knows way too fucking much!'

Panicking, he backed away from his backpack, ending up hitting with with his foot the umbrella stand, the fall made a loud noise.

"Are you kidding me?!" whispered tight-toothed, anxiously checking around him.

A few moments later, Darryl showed up from the hallway, he didn't look sleepy at all, just worried.

"Zak? Is that you?" whispered, entering in the living room.

The short boy hesitantly slow walked towards the moonlight, revealing himself.

"I- uhm, I-I'm sorry, i didn't mean to wake you up..." murmured, looking down.

"Don't worry, I wasn't even sleeping, little muffin." reassured, smiling softly. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm good." he lied.

Darryl sighed and got closer to Zak, leaning on hand on his head.

"You have to stop lying, there's nothing to be ashamed of in not being ok." kidly said, softly messing up his hair.