It's Us Now

a few wee ks later.  At my place. 

I've been outside hunting bad guys for the past days

I've been outside hunting bad guys for the past days. I was barely home nor have i slept. I haven't spoken to the rest of the team either. 

I walked into my place and put my purse onto the kitchen counter "you know i hate it when people just show up uninvited"

Then I turned around and saw Dig standing there leaning against the couch.

Dig "i haven't seen you since...you know"

I nodded "you can say it. it's not a bad word. It's reality."

Dig "people are starting to get worried about you"

I shook my head "they don't have to be worried about me. I am helping the good guys and i am putting the bad guys behind bars. It's like Santana is doing her job again"

Dig sighed "Catalina, how are you doing?"

Me "i told him i loved him. it took me years to bring myself to say those words and he knew that. And not even that convinced him to  come back with us. So, no, Dig, i am not okay. But he's left me before, so i know that i will get over it. It's gonna take some time, i'll get over and i'll get over him. "

His phone buzzed and he looked a it. 

Then he looked at me "you might wanna see this"

At Palmer Industries. 

I asked irritated "why would Oliver sent people after you, Nyssa? The only reason he joined the League is to protect the people he loves"

Nyssa "and what you need to understand is that Oliver Queen is dead. He's a memory"

Laurel "Apparently, the League has some of their recruits undergo a process of reprogramming. "

Fel "Like brainwashing? Oliver never said that he was signing on for brainwashing"

Nyssa "the League's ways are shrouded in ritual und ceremony. Oliver would not know it was happening"

Me "Oliver is stronger than that"

Nyssa "i did not come here to debate. Laurel wanted you to hear this information from me. But i can see all i am doing is damaging your memory of him. Perhaps it is better for you to not think of that Oliver has become. you can have that luxury"

Then she walked to the door. 

Laurel followed her "wait, where are you going?"

Nyssa "to face him. And i necessary, my destiny. i will not cower in the shadows waiting for death"

Then she left. 

Laurel walked to us "Great. now what are we supposed to do ?"

Fel shook her head "nothing. no offense, but Nyssa is insane. Oliver is still Oliver"