chapter 25

Mia's pov

I woke up and tried to turn  but I was held down by a hand,when I looked over there he was still sleeping with me wrapped in his arm. when I tried to wiggle out of his hold, he would only tighten it more and pull me closer to his chest.I tried poking him to wake up but nothing. "octavius let me go I need to go check on Jason", He whined and said "no! lets sleep a little longer". "come on its already early and he has to go to school so come on wake up". he opened his eyes to look at me then moved to kiss me, but this time I was fully prepared for the kiss so I kissed back but I knew this would end into something else if I didn't pull away which I did. "come on we need to get dressed before Jason comes in and sees us both butt naked". I quickly moved from the bed and grabbed my panties from the floor and slipped them in then went to the closet to get some pants and t-shirt. right on queue Jason comes running into the room to hug me but when he saw that his father was in my room too, he also ran to hug him too.

King bent down and picked him up in his arms , "hello buddy", "hey dad I thought you left yesterday" and here come the questions from detective Jason. "nah! i stayed here with mommy last night", "i wish you could stay with us forever and not keep on leaving and coming back". king turned to look at me but I avoided making eye contact wit him. "okay come on buddy time to get ready for school okay!", "but I don't wanna go today so can I stay today", "absolutely not young man and besides only three more days and school will be closed for break so bear with it.". "alright but I want daddy to help me get ready this time " he said clinging on to him. I had to get ready for work anyways and make them breakfast so I agreed. 

I was finishing up the last pancake when Jason came in running with king following him behind with his bag pack, I made Jason his favorite breakfast which is pancake with syrup which is not a coincidence since it was always king's favorite too. The more I looked into it , its like Jason took everything from his father and less from me. He looked exactly like him but a younger version of him but a blonde version since he took that from me.

When he was done with breakfast he said he had left his home work at Linda's so went to take it. which left me and him alone. I tried to avoid making eye contact and avoid talking to him but he is persistent. he grabbed and pulled me to him "why are you avoiding me?", "leave me alone king I am confused and from all that has happened and i dont know what to do or what to say", "you could say that you still love me like I still love you Mia. Please don't try to fight me am only trying to win you back into my life together with my son". "I need time to process this since we are really going to fast for me". "take as much time as you want but just don't push me away please". I  nodded in which he bent down to kiss me and it felt so right. "mummy why is daddy trying to eat ? " we pulled back to look at Jason who was standing there holding his book while staring at us confused.

"okay its time for school likely daddy is taking you and will answer that question for you". King glared at me but I only smiled as he lead Jason out of the apartment. Maybe me and King getting back together isn't so bad after all. I got ready for work then left to the office since Linda was still sleeping. At the office it wasn't that busy today, but  also remember to ask for leave since If Jason is going on break I would like to spend time with him more since I only spend time with him on weekends and I feel that its not enough. I went to talk to Nick and asked for leave starting from tomorrow which I was surprised since I had for leave from next week and when I asked him why the early leave , he just said  that I worked too much to provide for myself and my son and I needed a break.

I thanked him then left to organize my stuff before I left which am kinda lucky since His PA is back from maternity leave so with me gone for a while things will still go smoothly, when I was done I left to go back home only to find that King wasn't back and so was Jason but right on time. I received a call from the school and it was Jason he had gotten into a fight.

I was really surprised since I couldn't pin Jason as someone to pick a fight with anyone. when I reached the school , i went straight to the principals office. there was Jason with King beside him and he was crying his eyes out. I was worried that he might have gotten really hurt but when I reached them and looked at Jason, He wasn't hurt apart from the little scratches here and there he was fine but I couldn't get why he was crying. "am sorry mummy I didn't mean to fight him but he was bullying me and dad told me to stand up to them and to not be afraid". I hugged him then glared at King who raised his hands up in defeat, "why would you tell him to pick a fight which looks like a beat up the other kid really bad", "he misunderstood me I told him to stand up to him by not beating him but talking some sense into them and if he didn't see reason he should improvise", "and did you tell him that improvise meant punching another kid", but I turned my attention back to Jason , "honey but why didn't you tell me you were being picked on","mommy I didn't want to worry you since they picked on me because I didn't have a dad and I didn't want to worry you too much since your always busy worrying about other people than yourself and I didn't want you to worry about me and that's why I told dad". I smiled at him but then the principal called us in and there the boy was with his mother.

Lets say I recognize her from the parent and teacher meetings , and she wasn't the nicest person. She was really judgmental on the whole single mother thing and seems the kid picked up from the mother too. I gotta say Jason really outdid himself since he really ruffed up the kid. I know I shouldn't be saying this but am glad he did this so they could at least tone it down on the judgement.

The principal talked but each time the woman interrupted saying he wanted justice for hos and from us but she crossed the line when she called us savages but before I could talk King beat me to it. "ooh! would you shut up , your son got what he deserved for picking over my son". the woman looked shocked. "yeah am his Father and would appreciate if you put a hold or lease on your son because I dont appreciate my son being picked on and if this happens again I will take matter onto my own hands and for you lady watch that foul mouth of your it might get you into some big trouble one day so, if we are done here I will taking my wife and son home" he finished talking and carried Jason into his arms and grabbed my hand and we left the office.

We went out of the school toward his car looked like he wasn't the one driving but his driver. 'Buddy do you wanna go get some ice cream huh!". Jason smiled and nodded , he opened the door to the car and placed him inside then closed the door. He looked at me ,"lets go have some ice cream together", "thank you for everything in there". he smiled at me then pulled me to him , "no thanks needed nobody messes with my family", then he kissed me and opened the front door to the car for me. "wait I came her with my car", "dont worry my driver will drive it and he going to take some of yours and Jason's stuff from the apartment so yo better give Linda  a heads up". I stared at him confused.

"dont worry you're both staying at my place tonight". I didn't want to argue and destroy his happy mood right now. I agreed and handed him the keys and climbed inside the cars in which later he climbed in and we drove off while I made a call to Linda to ask her to hand over some of our things to the driver. When I ended the phone call I just sat there looking outside through the window but I felt him place his hand over mine and give it a gentle squeeze. I looked at him and smiled, Maybe this time with nothing getting between us . we could be happy but I think it was too soon to say since we didn't know of the danger and evil lurking behind us.

................................................................................................................................................................

thank you for reading.

hope you like the story and would help support it by voting for each chapter.❤❤❤❤