chapter 20

7 years later

Mia' s pov

I woke up to the sound of the alarm telling me it was already morning, i wanted to keep on sleeping but i had to wake up and get ready but also wake up Jason so he could get ready for school. I dragged myself from bed and straight to his room. He was never a morning person like me so i usually had to drag him too out of bed but to my surprise he was already up but still in his pj's. When I looked at what his was doing and it turns out he was making his invitation cards. this weekend was his birthday and he was so excited since he get to eat as much cake as he wants and also the gifts but mostly because in all his birthday Ace goes extra miles and buys him the craziest of gifts. the last time he bought him a game console and his own Tv for his room and a bunch of games.

I always tell Ace he's spoiling him but he would tel me "hey that's what uncle Ace is all about". and i would as always shrug it off. " so mum when is grandma coming ? ". "she coming today and she can't wait to see you". he smiled and went back to his cards. I told him to finish up and so i could help him get ready for school. when he was done,  I helped him out and I got ready myself. I made him some breakfast and we were off to school but not after he went to say Hi to Linda was also on her way to work.

I dropped him off to school and hurried off to the office, my day was extra hectic today with the boss not there I had to handle some of his work  since am his secretary and his PA is in maternity leave. but after a long exhausting day I left and went home. since Linda usually gets off work early she usually picks up Jason and spends time with him in her apartment. sometimes HE goes and have sleepover at her apartment when I have to work late.

I arrived at my apartment but didn't go straight to her apartment since I had to make some calls for somethings i need for Jason's party so I ordered a cake and bought some of the things I needed which i would have to pick up tomorrow since today was Thursday and his birthday was on Saturday and Ace said he'll be coming tomorrow but he had to take care of something.

I had a shower and a change of clothes then went ahead to Linda's apartment. they were both on the couch watching tv so when I came in Jason ran to me and I bent down pick him up. He smelled fresh looked like he had a shower . I said hi to Linda then we went ahead and had dinner while we talked and have Jason tell me how was his day and again he explained how excited he was for his birthday.

Amy had called and said something had come up so she will arrive tomorrow morning since tomorrow I will be busy with planning his birthday so Linda would have to keep him occupied. 

After dinner I left since Jason was sleeping at Linda's. i went straight to bed, I still get the nightmares and most of the time Linda would tell me i should see a psychiatrist but I didn't want to since i always thought people who go see them are usually out of their minds and can't manage themselves which I can perfectly and I use sleeping pills which help me sleep well some times.

The next morning I woke up and rushed to shower but had to skip breakfast since I was late to pick up Amy from the airport. When i arrived i went and stayed waiting for the passenger to come by and I  spotted her from a far. I waved so that she could see me and she did.we went straight home since she wanted to see her grandson.

we arrived at the apartment and we went in to meet Linda and Jason fighting over the last piece of bacon. lets say there like little kids fighting over candy but the funny thing was one of them was an actual kid. they stooped when we came in and Jason took this chance while Linda was distracted to brag and eat the piece of bacon. I laughed at the shocked expression on Linda's face but Jason was already busy running towards his grandmother. well I left them to continue bonding while I went to run some errands.