chapter 23

Octavius' pov 

I realized while I talked with Jason who much I have missed most of his life. he was now currently 7 years old and the most charming little boy and I didn't get to see or be with him through it all but I couldn't blame it on her, she was just trying to protect herself from more collateral damage which i completely understood. His birthday has already gone by and turns out it was this past weekend. We talked about a lot seems he had a lot to say to me and I was ready to take it all in. His favorite person is Ace his Uncle because he's always there for them but particularly because he always gives him cool gifts, and he loves his aunt Linda and his grandmother Amy.

I knew then that those were her family and had supported her through it all while I chased her out of my life. I felt like a bigger jerk , but right now intended of dreading. I should try to get my family back.

"hey buddy would you like me and mummy to be back together". he seemed happy with my question since he answered immediately , "yes daddy yes! i want both my mummy and daddy together"I smiled and carried him onto my lap . " well I will make that happen but I need your help too buddy okay!" placing my hand up waiting for a high five which i got with a nod.

It was pretty late and Jason hadn't had his dinner yet and I think I needed to leave but not before promising him that we would spend tomorrow together, hoping Mia would agree to come along. 

we left to go to the kitchen but as we went in Mia was crying but with her back facing us. I knew i was the cause of this , she must have heard us come in because she tried wiping her face with the back of her hands and turned to us smiling at Jason.

"good! i was about to call you guys for dinner". she said placing the plates on the kitchen counter while setting the food on the counter. "well you guys go on ahead and have dinner I have to go", "stay daddy and have dinner with us right! mummy" he said looking at his mother. I smiled inwardly knowing he's already starting to help me off. Mia sent me a glare in my direction but  then smiled to look down on Jason "of course honey he could stay for dinner ". we then sat to eat dinner while Jason as usual was talking and I listened and looked as how Mia was so attentive to our son and would help him with his food but also wipe his face when he smudged some sauce around his mouth. 

She was so perfect , kind and caring and i would be stupid to through another chance to be her again. So i better no fuck this up and ruin any chance i ever had of having her back in my life again. We finished dinner and I volunteered to do the dishes but she refused and said I should help her tuck Jason in and read him a bedtime story. I carried him to bed since he had already started falling asleep , so I helped him slip into his pj's then read him a bedtime which I didn't get to finish it since he had already passed out half way through it.

I went back to the kitchen , she was finishing up "hey listen we need to talk", she sighed then turned to look at me, "listen if its about us please dont am already emotionally exhausted and I don't want to go over the me and you are never going to happen again". "I just wanted to say that I will be taking Jason out tomorrow to spend the day with me". she looked at me well lets saying she was glaring dagger at me "and who said you take him since you have to ask me first you know", "come on Mia am his father too okay and I have every right to want to spend some time with my son", she just shrugged "okay am sorry I realize its wrong from me to be mad at you for try to get know Jason better okay!". "thank you but I would also like for you to join us tomorrow". "ooh! no no no I want as far away from you as possible so that a no go but do please not let me get in the way of your father and son bonding time okay! and do if we are done here I would suggest you should leave since I have to  go to bed since some of us need to work for a living and not steal from others". she seems to be still bitter on the whole accusation. "you will never let me live it down or stop reminding me about it huh!". she just smiled and said "ooh! you have no idea at all". I said my goodbye which was me moving towards her to try to steal a kiss from her lips but she turned her face and I only got to kiss her check. I got the message loud and clear knowing I was going to have to try harder to win her trust again.

"goodnight Mia", but she just looked at me for a second there i thought she wasn't going to answer me but she did even though it was a short curt goodnight , it was something I think. I went out to her apartment and directly went to my car then left to go home and have a rest, while planning in my head how I was going to spend my day tomorrow with my son but also at the same time convince Mia to come with us.

..................................................................................................................

thanks for reading .

please do vote for this chapter and comment.

I appreciate you supporting my work by taking time to read it and it means so much to me.