Chapter 33 "Talking & Family"

\Ross's POV/

        I woke up and saw I was in a hospital bed with people surrounding me. "Oh, he's waking up!" my sister's voice filled the room. "Rydel?" I asked and she smiled, "Hey buddy."

        "What am I doing here?" I asked and she sighed, "You were walking down the highway and you got hit by a car. We found out because the driver called 911 and brought you here and they identified you and then, found your emergency contact to be mom. Mom told everyone and we all came down here to see you!"

        "Wow.." I said and my mom came over to me fixing my hair. "It's okay, Ross. You're going to be okay," she said and I smiled. For the first time in two weeks, I smiled. I smiled because of my mom telling me it's going to be okay. I love my mom. I also love my sister and brothers. "I'm sorry I yelled at you, Delly," I said and she smiled, "It's okay."

        I sighed, "So, what's up?" I asked and Rocky sat down on my bed, "Well, if you don't mind, we sort of told Selena you got hurt and she said she would come down here to see you." My eyes went wide and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. She is coming down here just to see me. It takes hours to get here and she'll be at the college late at night when she leaves here. Why am I so important?

        "She'll be here anytime now.." Ryland said looking down at his phone which I'm guessing Sel texted him. "How long was I out?" I asked. Riker puffed out his cheeks, "A few hours." I nodded and laid my head back looking up at the ceiling. This is weird. My life is weird.

        I suddenly heard a knock at the door.

        She walked in wearing jeans and a tee shirt and a pair of Airwalks shoes. Her hair was flowing and she looked great. She was just as beautiful as the day we first dated, months and months ago. It's hard to believe that we are broken up. I just want her to hug me and kiss me and tell me she is going to stay with me and I won't have to stay upset any longer.

        She saw me and sighed, "Ross, you're awake." I nodded, "Yeah." She looked at my mom and everyone and then back at me. She bit her bottom lip and then speed walked over to me and threw herself onto me, embracing me tight. I sighed and hugged her back tight as if my life depended on it. "I'm so happy you're here," I whispered so our bond was only between us.

        "I'm happy I'm here too," she said to me and pulled away to look at me. She put her hand on my forehead and then ran her hand through my hair and sighed, "You're okay.." I nodded, "Yeah, I'm okay." She smiled, "Thank god." I chuckled, "Yep."

        Rydel tapped Selena's shoulder and Selena looked at her and smiled, "Hey Delly." She smiled back and they hugged, "It's nice to finally see you again. God chick, we missed you!" Rydel said and laughed. Selena laughed, "It's only been a few weeks. Jesus."

        Selena went around hugging everyone. "I mainly came here to make sure Ross was okay. I heard he wasn't okay so, I got worried. "I'm okay, Selena. I promise. I might be a little depressed but, I'm okay!" I said trying to smile. It wasn't that hard because she was here. She was finally here. "Can you give us a minute?" Selena asked and my mom and dad nodded and left with the rest of my family.

        It was now only her and I in the room. She sat down on my bed and looked me over. She smiled and chuckled a little. I smirked, "What?" She sighed, "You're such an idiot." I furrowed my eyebrows, "What?" She shook her head, "Not in a mean way but... loving way. You're an idiot. You actually got hit by a car. I would think you'd be the driver to hit someone because you have such a bad habit of flooring it!"

        I glared, "Ha ha.." I said in a sarcastic tone. She laughed more. "I miss that laugh of yours," I said and she smiled, "I missed that humor of yours." I shrugged, "It comes and goes."

        "I miss you.." I said and she nodded, "I miss you too."

        "I promise these next four years will fly by fast.." she said grabbing my hand that laid on the bed sheet. I bit my lip and nodded although I didn't really believe her.

        "I hope. Because I miss having you around and calling you... my girlfriend," I said gulping after the word girlfriend came out.

        "I miss calling you my boyfriend," she said and sighed, "For now, I like calling you friend. I just really care about you." I nodded, "I care about you too."

        "If you need anything, Ross, you can come to me. I'm still like family. I'm here for you even if I am going to be away most of the time. I'm like that one cousin you never see but you know I'm still there!" She laughed. I laughed and sighed, "Thanks." My family came back in and my dad interrupted,

        "Sorry to interrupt but... the doctor says you can come home tomorrow, they want to keep you over night just in case you have brain damage. They also say we have to leave soon so you can sleep," he said and nodded as he said it. "Okay, well, I guess I am kind of tired." Selena nodded, "Get some rest, Ross. You need it," she said messing up my hair and I smiled and chuckled.

        "We love you, Ross!" my mom said hugging me. "We'll be back tomorrow to pick you up."

        "Okay. I love you guys too," I said as my family began to leave the room but, Selena was the last one in the room. "Love you, Ross," she said as she walked. "Love you too," I mouthed because I was beginning to lay my head down on my pillow prepairing to sleep.

        "See you in a few years. Promise not to get hurt again or else I'll have to come back," she winked at me. I smirked, "I might have to get hurt on purpose a few more times now that you say that!" She rolled her eyes, "See ya Shor.." she said and smiled. "See ya Marie.." I said back. She nodded and left. I smiled to myself and fell asleep peacefully.

        She loves me. She still loves me. And.... I love her too.