Chapter 11 "Hospitals & Courage"

\Rydel's POV/ 

I got out of the hospital finally. But, I had to get a cast on my leg, 

"What color? Any specific color?" they would ask me. "Pink," I say to them. They strap me into the pink cast and give me some crutches. I try walking around and I guess I can get used to them. They drive me personally to Abby Lee's and everyone gave pitty on me and some people decided to sign my cast. 

Abby Lee began to speak out to everyone, 

"Girls, we got to keep practice going. Rydel, afraid to say, you will have to stay off your foot until you get better and perhaps, you could be in the last performance here." 

Oh great, now those girls are going to get what they wanted. For me to be out of the picture. No, not happening. 

"With all due respect Abby Lee, I rather keep up the practice even with my condition. I can at least do some of the warm ups with my other leg and I can keep up," I would say hoping she wouldn't cut me and understand. She smiled, 

"You got guts, girl. So, I'll let you do what you think you need to do." 

I said thank you and went to my room to relax for the night. 

"It takes a lot of courage to do that," I heard a voice. It was Jenny. 

"Yeah, well, I don't mess around when it comes to dance," I asure her and walk into my room without saying anything else. 

It was true. I did not mess around when it came to dance. I danced ever since I was a little girl. I remember I would be wearing a pair of tiny shoes and I'd dance with my brothers in our basement and everyone in our family came downstairs to watch us and we make them pay at least a dollar to watch us dance and perform. We probably made a few bucks and we could pay for a pack of gum at the store which was always fun for us when we were younger. 

I went into the bathroom and fixed my hair so it'd be in a better bun then i'd take the crutches and put them by the door and hop around to my bed and order in for dinner, 

"Could I get a medium cheese pizza? Okay. Thank you," then I hung up. 

It took only half an hour and my pizza arrived to my door and I was in my darth vadar shirt and a pair striped pink shorts along with Darth Vadar slippers, of course. I gathered my thoughts and layed into my bed and turned on the tv. 

"You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world, but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices. I hope she likes hers. Okay, Hazel Grace?" Augustus would recite. 

"Okay," Hazel Grace would respond while laying in the grass under the blackened sky brightened by the stars with the letter to Peter Van Houten from her true love, Augustus Waters. Of course, while watching this movie, I had a box of tissues near by because the story is so touching. Ross has read the book and so has Rocky, we all watched the movie together and it made us all cry, yes, even the boys. 

I want to be strong and make it through these weeks. I looked down at my leg and sighed, 

"Okay foot. Keep your shit together. Just for a couple more weeks. You can do it."