Chapter 4 "Classes & New Friends"

\Rydel's POV/

I wake up and it's 8:00 a.m and I groan and hide my face into my pillow. I remember class starts at 7:30 a.m. Oh god, I'm late! I run into the bathroom and brush my hair, put it into a bun and brush my teeth. Then, put on my dance outfit and shoes. I put on chapstick and grab my dance bag and run downstairs then into the dance room.

"1,2,3 1,2,3" Abby would count as the other girls would do warm ups.

"Ms. Lynch, you are late!" she says as I set my bag down and join in the group going into position.

"I'm sorry. I overslept," I say.

"Switch!" she says, "And on your first day of class?"

I nod, "I promise it won't happen again," and go into the positions of stretches.

"Better not, I expect more from you."

I sigh and keep going into the positions. After the warm ups, Sadie gets our attention,

"We would like everyone to line up and we will have you girls show us your best moves. Put on a song and show us your skills of what you got and then we will work off of your abilities. Choose wisely."

We line up and I pick the song, "I wanna dance with somebody" by Whitney Housten. They say good selection and I go in the middle of the floor. I look in the big, long mirror they have displayed. I watch my turns and kicks and movement. My feet focus. Everything I have learned from being at the school, "The Rage". By the end of the routine, I'm out of breathe and everyone applauds for me. Sadie smiles and says I did a good job and Abby says I was "not bad".

Brittany goes up and she dances to, "3" by Brittany Spears. Not a shocker to me.

Everyone applauds. Perhaps louder than it was for me. Abby comments, "Wonderful job."

What the ... okay than.

Lunch time finally came where we could get a break to go to our rooms and order some lunch. When I was walking up the stairs, I saw a girl with brown yet it looked kind of black hair and braces trying to get into her room but it seemed like she was locked out.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Not really. I can't get into my room cause of this stupid door," she says. "I think I lost my key."

I look at her door and say, "Here, I'll go with you to get a new one."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Come on," I say and we walk downstairs, get the key and then we talk while going back to her room.

"I'm Jenny, by the way," she says.

"Oh cool. I'm Rydel," I say.

"You're probably the nicest girl here i've met," she says with a shy smile. We exchange numbers and stand outside her door.

"Yeah well, same for you. It's nice that you're my neighbor," I laugh. She laughs along with me and says another thank you and goes into her room. I go into my room and order in a sandwhich and some Pepsi. It comes quick and I sit at the table eating and texting my new friend from across the hall.

I decide to look around some more of my room since it was bigger than I imagined. The bathroom was tiled with white floors and yellow-silver wall tiles. The bathroom sink and shower were nicely clean. The bed was white with white pillows. I hope I don't spill any drinks cause that stain would be unbearable. The tv was actually huge and it was a flat screen which was pretty sweet. My room actually was on the side of the building and it had a window. I open the window to see the city streets and it actually had a pretty nice view of stores and shops in Vegas. The whole city is so amazing yet it was also hot in Vegas. That was only problem but I'm used to it since I lived in California.

 I call up Sadie, whose number was given to every person here, and asked if we get a free day and she said at the end of the day today there would be a shopping spree for us to look around Vegas. This day just got even better by that response.

Someone knocked on my door, it was Hilary. From the three mean girls.

"Hello?" I say in a questioning tone.

"Hey. Um.. Rydel ? Right?" she asks and I nod.

"Yeah. Um.. Me, Jasmine and especially, Brittany do not play around when it comes to dance and you are officially our enemy. Congrats!" she says.

"I do not need any enemies. I barely even know you girls," I say.

"Well too bad. We can see that you may be a threat to us. You have that blonde hair that seems as though you do very little with it yet it goes well. Your dancing, well, that's a minor threat. Abby knows we are the ones who can make it through. She knows we're the best. We are not going to let a little skank like you ruin that for us. Okay?"

I roll my eyes, "Whatever. All we can do is see. When Abby sees how much hard work I do and how much I really care for dancing, she'll see I'm the one to be in the stop spot. Not a fake, selfish girl like you and your friends."

She flips her hair, "Okay. Stop talking."

"You are so pretty today," I say with a smile.

"Thank you.. but I said STOP TALKING!" she yells with a pissed off look in her eyes.

"Nice chat. Goodbye," I say and shut the door on her. I could hear her on the other end stomping away. I mutter,

"Be careful. The people downstairs might get mad," and laugh and go back to my sandwhich which was getting cold.

There is no way these girls are going to beat me. I can't let them. They only care about themselves and think they're queens. Nope, I don't play like that.