Chapter 22 "Guitars & Consciousness"

\Ross's POV/

I turned towards Riker and saw him, laying on the floor pretty much dead.

"Riker!" Rydel yelled. Riker closed his eyes shut and we called an ambulance. It seemed to everyone in the hospital knew us because they gave us weird looks. Well, we already here earlier with Riker yesterday! Riker went into the emergancy room and we were allowed in to see him. The doctor began to speak,

"He is unconscious. This is the process he needs for his memory to come back. From all his childhood memories to now, so basically, this is not a thing to worry too much about. It's all part of the process," he said looking at his clipboard. My mom nodded, "Thank you so much" she said. Selena won't answer any of my calls but she eventually answered...when Rydel called. Selena came running in right away once Rydel said about how Riker is in the hospital.

"Oh my god," she said looking at him. "It's okay. This is all part of the process," Rocky said to her and she hugged him. I wish she wasn't so mad at me and she would hug me. I sighed and went to Selena and whispered, "We need to talk." She nodded rolling her eyes and followed me out of the room. She whispered to me,

"Ross, I don't know about.." she said until I cut her off. I kissed her lips gently putting my hand on her cheek and she resisted at first but then, slowly kissed me back wrapping arms around my neck. I know some people walking by us stopped and stared but then went off about their business. Selena sighed pulling away from me and I pressed my forehead against hers.

"I'm sorry about what I said and thought. I promise.. I will never think you are cheating again! I love you so much more than you think and I feel so stupid for thinking I ever thought you had doubts and would date my brother while dating me. Please don't be mad at me..please," I pleaded and all she did was nod. "I love you too," she said and I smiled slightly and kissed her once more.

We went back in the room to see Riker has woken up and mom next to him giving him some what looked like to be asprin. Riker at us, "Hey guys," he said groaning. "Hey bro, your memory back?" and he nodded, "Oh yeah. I remember everything now!" he laughed and we laughed along.

"That's good. We want our old Riker back," Rydel said smiling and hugging him and he hugged back.

It was good to know Riker was back in consiousness. So, now, our lives could go back to hopefully normal. Recap on this life now we have, I'm dating my used-to-be worst enemy, I got a new acting job, my brother is back with us. Everything is fine.

Only one thing as though is leaving a blank in my mind, Who are the robbers that robbed Selena's house and were they the same robbers who shot my brother, making him so close to death?

We headed back to our place.

Selena would sit with me on the couch and she'd rest her head onto my shoulder, whenever she did her mother would put in a funny comment as if, "Mom in the room" or she'd cough making her be a bit farther from me. I rolled my eyes whenever it did. I whispered to her,

"I wanna show you something.." I said and lead her to my room and I grabbed a acoustic guitar from my closet. "You play?" she asked and I nodded.

"Rocky taught me a long time ago and I guess I just never actually performed. I'll have to for the show because I'm playing a rockstar!" I smiled and I played a few chords. She smiled, "Sing me something.." as she sat down on my bed.

I shrugged, "Okay. I'll sing something by Bruno Mars.."

I started singing "Locked out of Heaven" by Bruno Mars and the whole time I watched Selena watching me and I loved her eyes watching me. It made me feel good inside. Once I got done,

"That's really cool!" she said smiling. I smiled back setting my guitar down. I went to her and kissed her lips and she kissed back giggling. I smirked and pulled away, "I love you.." and she smiled, "I love you too."

"Oh wait a second," I said. She narrowed her eyebrows, "What?" and I chuckled, "I want to ask you out properly." and I held her hand sitting on the bed.

"Will you go out on a date with me?"

She nodded, "Yes." I smiled, "Tonight? Seven o clock? Me and you?" I asked and she did the same response.

"Yes."