Chapter 9 "Pillows & Legs"

\Rydel's POV/

Waking up to the sound of my alarm clock is almost the nicest sound to hear. I sit up, yawn, and look around the room. By the tv, bags of clothes and shoes were sitting. That must've been from last night when Jenny and I went out shopping. I go into the bathroom, get dressed and ready for another day at this great camp. I can't help but think about that note from last night as well.

I went downstairs and saw everyone has not warmed up yet so I was just in time.

"Oh, look who showed up," Jasmine said. Her hair was red and curly and she had the green eyes that seemed like they could see deep down into your soul and get your deepest, darkest secrets.

"Yeah, why seem so surprised? You can't scare me away that easily," I say smiling and bend down to stretch out my back.

"Well, we thought maybe you were down at one of the fancy hotels down the street. You seem like you spend most of your time on your back," Brittany says with a smirk. Hilary reaches down and grabs a pillow from a brown paper bag.

"We got you this. To help you for your poor back ache from, possibly, the greatest night of your life," Hilary said smiling at me while giving it me.

I take the pillow and clutch onto it and yell, "That's it, I'm done," and before you can say anything, my fist met her nose. Brittany's nose. Abby runs in,

"Girls! What is going on?" she asks us.

"Rydel hit me in the nose when I was just being nice and giving her a nice pillow. I know she's been working so hard on the routines, and she deserves a nice present," Brittany says while holding onto her nose. My eyes go wide,

"That's not true. She was calling me a slut and saying I sleep around," I say.

Abby frowns upon me and says to give me a twenty minute recess to think about what I did, oh my god, am I freaking eight years old? No. I go into the corner and have my thoughts collected. Sadie comes over to talk but instead, she says to go back and start working on the routine. The routine is actually very nice to me because it's to one of my favorite songs,

"Sleeping with a Friend," by Neon Trees.

I go on the dance floor and practice once, twice, and three more times. My tenth time going through the routine, I had to jump into the air and land perfectly onto the floor with making two turns. I run and jump making my turns.. One, Two,

It wasn't until before two that I land on the floor onto my leg bending my foot into a different position. I let out a loud help and Sadie runs to me and Abby walking right behind her.

"Are you okay?" Sadie asks.

"I don't know," I say and try getting up but I couldn't. I shake my head. Sadie and Abby help me up and have my arms around both of them. They have one of the other teachers call an ambulance. They said they would be here as soon as fifteen minutes. As we make our way to the front door, I look over to see what looked like Brittany holding a mop and water. She must've made the floor slippery so I would fall! Oh my god, I hate her.

I saw the ambulance and they helped me in and started driving me to the hospital and Sadie stayed in the ambulance car with me while Abby went to continue class. Sadie asked for my phone so she could call someone for me. I said to call my brother, Riker, and she took my phone and clicked the contact,

"Hello? Is this Riker Lynch? I'm Sade and I'm here with your sister, Rydel, and she has a problem with her leg..." I could hear her say.

Sadie then puts the phone to her shoulder, "He wants to talk to you."

I nod and take the phone.

"Hello?"

"Rydel, Are you okay?"

"Not really.. My leg really hurts. I slipped and fell on it wrong and I think maybe my foot is broken."

I hear him take a big breathe,

"Oh my god. Do you need us? Do you need to come home early?"

I can't let her win. "No, I'll be fine. Please don't worry. If I really need to come home or something, I'll call."

"Fine. Be careful," he says. I say I will and he said he loves me and hung up. I sit in the ambulance waiting for us to arrive at the hospital.