Chapter 32 "Depression & Hurting"

\Rydel's POV/

        "Again?" I asked my mom. My mom finished telling me how Ross didn't eat his breakfast again. It's only been two weeks since Selena left for college and he's a mess. We are all worried about him. I checked my phone and I got a text from Ellington. He said, "We still up for our date?"

        I texted him back, "I don't know. Ross is still a mess and I feel like I should stay with him..." He texted back, "Okay. I understand."

        "Rydel, Can you try talking to him?" my mom asked me. I sighed, "He always ignores me though. He won't budge to talk to anyone," I said. "Just try," my mom said leaving the room and I walked out as well going into the living room to find Ross watching The Walking Dead and cuddled up into a blanket we have. He looked like he didn't get any sleep and he coughed as if he was dieing. Maybe he's sick.

        "Hey Ross," I said and he sighed without making much noise. I saw his chest go up and down as if he sighed. "What are you watching?" I asked even though I knew it was The Walking Dead. He took the remote and pressed "Select" to show the title of the show. "Oh cool!" I said trying to sound happy for him.

        "Ross... Are you okay? You don't eat and you don't talk to anyone.." I said. He didn't say anything, he just stared at the screen. "Please Ross, please talk to me..." I said reaching for his hand to let him know I'm here for him. "Don't touch me," Ross snapped at me. Ross never snaps at me even when he is in the worst mood ever and is pissed at me. "Ross, I'm just trying to help you and talk to you," I stuttered out.

        "I don't give a shit, Rydel," he shouted at me. "Just leave me alone!" he said once more. I nodded and left the room. I saw Riker in the hallway, by his and Rocky's room, eating what it looks like to be some candy bar. "Is he okay?" He asked and I shook my head, "He yelled at me and said he wanted to be alone."

        "It's alright, Rydel. He's just taking this break up hard," Riker said hugging me. I hugged back with my head on Riker's chest. I want Ross to be okay. I really do.

        I got a call on my phone and it was from.... Selena.

        \Selena's POV/

        I was walking down the hallway back to my dorm from one of my boring classes. I can't stop thinking about Ross and Rydel and everyone back home. That's why I got a C on my last World History test. I was calling Rydel to check up on everyone. Rydel and I are still best friends. We always will be! Ross and I... are friends. That's perfectly okay.

        "Hello?" She answered.

        "Hey," I said.

        "Oh hey, How's college?"

        "It's good. I mean, everyone is friendly. How is everyone at home?" I asked.

        "I'm doing good. I really miss having you around. Riker says hi and I'm sure all my brothers miss you just as much me. We're all good over here!" she said cheery. For some reason, I have a feeling something is wrong.

        "Really? Even Ross?" I asked and she sighed, "That's a different story." What does she mean by that? "Can I talk to him?" I asked.

        \Ross's POV/

        I can't eat. I can't sleep. I can't talk without wanting to cry. All I can do is stare at the television hoping for some miracle to happen. "Ross!" I heard Rydel yell for me and she came in the room with her phone. "Wanna talk to Sele..." she said before I interrupted. "No and don't you dare fucking say her name or I'll never forgive you!" I said storming out of the room. I ran out of the house, grabbing my leather jacket and muttering,

        "I don't need to fucking talk to her. I don't need to fucking talk to anyone. I'm fine. God, damn it!"

        I kicked cans and rocks and whatever what was laying around to take out my frustrations. I went down by a highway and I waited until the traffic light turned green and I groaned loudly, "Fucking stop!" and I didn't care anymore. I wanted to just go where I want to go and not have anybody worry about me and my personal problems. Just becuse my girlfriend left me to go to college away from me and we have to be "just friends," doesn't mean that everyone has get in my business. Like, I'm a person, I have feelings. Sometimes I JUST WANT TO BE ALON....

        The sound of cars crashing together and sirens blare. Ross's eyes shut and voices run through his head.

"I love you, Ross."
        "It'll be okay, Ross."
        "Ross... I'm here for you."
        "I'm here, Ross."

        "Ross, Wanna talk to Selena?"

Ross's voice in his head... 
        "Selena..."

        To Be Continued...