Chapter 23 "First Dates & Princesses"

\Selena's POV/ 

        I was dressed and ready to go. 

        I grabbed my purse and I turned to look at Rydel who was helping me get ready for my date with Ross tonight. I was wearing a pink dress with black leggings under neath, along with some black heels that I felt the most comfortable in. I sighed, "So, how do I look?" I asked and she got up and looked around, "One more thing," she said. 

        "Every princess should have a little sparkle. Tonight, you will be a princess and my brother is your prince." she said smiling putting some gold tinsle in my hair. She grabbed a pink lip gloss and opened it. "Pucker just a little," she said and I did as told. She applied my lip gloss to my lips and after it was on, I rubbed my lips together. I turned around to look in the mirror and then back at her. She smiled, 

        "You look beautiful," she said. I smiled back, "Thank you, Rydel. For everything." She hugged me and I hugged back. I looked at the clock, "I better get going.." I said nudging toward the door. She nodded, "Have a great night. Make sure to be back by midnight!" I laughed, "When did you become my mother?" She rolled her eyes, "Ever since you and my bro got together." 

        I smirked, "Smart ass." 

        "You know it!" she said laughing. We went into the living room to find Ross dressed in a nice plaid long sleeved jacket, white tank top and black pants along with some dress up shoes. His eyes went wide and Rydel laughed, 

        "So, Ross, How she look?" she asked while I spun in a circle being goofy. He sighed and smiled, "You look amazing." I smiled back at him, "You look amazing as well, Mr.Lynch," I said. He held his arm out for me, 

        "Shall we?" 

        "We shall." 

        My mom came in with Stormie and warned us about being back by midnight, like Rydel did earlier in her room. We walked out arm in arm and we got into his mom's car. I got nervous knowing he's not the best driver but I let it go. 

        "So, where are we going?" I asked looking towards him. I couldn't stop looking at him. He looked so handsome and everything, every little detail, about him was perfect. His eyes, lips, nose, chin, hair... Everything about him I loved. He smiled before answering me. Once again, his smile was another thing I loved about him. 

        "Somewhere. You'll love it, I promise." he said and I nodded. I looked in my purse and I found my iPod and earbuds. I decided to put them in and I listened to random songs on my playlist. Everything from Demi Lovato to Selena Gomez to OneRepublic to P!nk. I loved it all. I fell asleep during the ride and I woke up to someone touching my shoulder and slightly shaking me. 

        "Sel, Selena, wake up. We're here," I heard Ross's voice say and I opened my eyes. I looked out the window and we were at a park. The same park from where he first started being nice to me, back in the days of hatred. We got out and walked around the park hand in hand. 

        "I'm glad you said yes to this date," he said. I smiled, "Me too!" I laughed. We walked around the park a bit more and talked and laughed about stupid things. 

        "It was so weird, I mean, I don't even know.." I said until I stopped when I saw lights hanging from a tree and a picnic blanet and picnic basket set down underneath the tree. He smiled, "This is it. This is our destination." I smiled and my jaw was dropped. I couldn't believe it, it was so beautiful. 

        We sat down and I stared at the lights, "This is so beautiful..It's amazing, Ross!" I said and he smirked, "Not as beautiful as you.." and he handed me a rose from behind the basket. I blushed and ran my fingers through my hair, "Thank you."