Chapter 19 "Truth & Miracles"

\Selena's POV/ 

Oh no. That was the only thing I could think. 

"Are you guys dating?!" Rocky asked. I gulped, "Uh.." 

Rydel stood up and went to me. She still had tears in her eyes from watching Riker leave the room to see maybe robbers who might kill him. "Selena. Tell me the truth....Are you dating..my brother?" she asked. I bit my bottom lip and nodded. I couldn't keep this secret a secret any longer. Especially, from my best friend. 

"Rydel..Yes, I am. Ross and I are dating. We didn't tell you guys because you said it'd be weird and stuff and we just, didn't know what to do or think!" I explained. Ross sighed, "Please don't be mad at us.." he said. 

She shook her head, "I'm not. In fact, I am so sorry that we said those things we said. I am actually pretty happy for you two." I was shocked she was saying the things she said but I started to smile. She smiled and pulled me into a hug and I hugged back, "Thank you Rydel," I said. She patted my back, "No problem." I saw Rocky and Ellington give thumbs up as if agreeing. I chuckled and kept hugging Rydel. 

We heard a loud shot come from outside the door and we jumped. "What the hell was that?!" Ross yelled. "I don't know.." I said. We heard another one go off and Ross grabbed me and held me closer to him. Rydel's eyes went wide and her jaw dropped slightly. 

"No. no. Riker's out there!" she yelled and started off towards the door but Rocky grabbed her arm before she could grab the door handle. "Rydel, no!" he shouted and held her to his chest. "Rocky, I have to go get him! He's out there!" she yelled and tears started coming back. We heard another shot go off and a shout. Rydel's eyes went from wide to full of rage and shock. 

"NO! RIKER!!" she yelled as loud as I thought she could but now, Rocky and Ratliff held her back. She was trying so hard and she ended up on the floor screaming and everyone of the boys was trying to help her now, even Ross. I couldn't look at all that was happening. It hurt too much to look at Rydel on the floor in tears and her brothers comforting her. I felt like tears were coming from me now. I saw a chair and I put it up against the door handle to keep from anyone coming in to get us. 

"Rydel, be quiet! They will hear you!" Ross said to her. "Ross, that's our brother! Our big brother! He could be dead right now.." she said looking at him. Ross looked so hurt but he bit his lip, 

"I'm..I know," he said and he held Rydel close to him. Rydel cried into his tee shirt and I sighed, 

"Guys, I'm sorry for whats' happening," I said with my voice cracking. Rocky went up to me, "It's not your fault.." and I nodded and he saw the tears in my eyes and pulled me to him and I rested against his chest and his arms around me tight. 

The lights went out. 

"Everyone be quiet.." Ratliff said. We all stayed still and quiet. We stayed like this for a good five minutes until the lights came back on. Rydel's eyes have dried off and Ross's heart beat has slowed down back to normal, my grip on Rocky has loosened, Ryland's hands have stopped shaking, Ellington's voice stopped being shaky. 

"Do you think they're gone?" Rydel asked. Ross shrugged, "I don't know..I'll go look." 

"No, we all go!" Rocky said. We nodded and as we opened the door, Ross grabbed my hand and held it tight. I looked at him and he looked at me with his brown eyes that looked scared and they stopped being scared once he held my hand. We walked out of the room and saw stuff has been broken, a rack of clothes has been knocked over. The couch was ripped, some glasses have knocked over. 

Rydel went over by the couches...

"OH MY GOD!" 

That was the thing that Rydel said and she covered the mouth. Rocky walked over and eyes went wide, 

"RIKER!" 

Rocky shouted that one word. I knew that could not be good. I walked over and what I saw was gonna scar me for life. It was Riker laying on the floor with blood dripping from his body. Rocky bent down next to Riker and he shouted, 

"Ratliff, call an ambulance or something!! Hurry!!" 

Ratliff did not hesitate and grabbed the phone as fast he could. Ross looked as if he was gonna cry looking down at Riker and I wrapped my arms around his waist and he put one arm around me. A couple minutes later, ambulance arrived and we all drove down to the hospital. We met my mom and their parents at the hospital. 

"You kids are so brave! I am so proud of you guys!" Stormie said and Mark nodded, "You did good." We waited in the waiting room and I was next to Ross and held his hand, "Ross, I don't know what to say." 

"Don't say anything," he said sighing. "My brother took his life for us." 

"We don't know if he's dead! He could make it out!" I said looking at him sternly. He looked back at me and gulped, 

"I don't know, Selena. I just don't know," he said. I rested my head on his shoulder and kissed his cheek. He sighed and rested his head on mine. We saw the doctor come in and Mark stood up with Stormie on his arm, 

"How is he?" Mark asked. 

"I am sorry to tell you folks, but, he has a very little chance of making it through this. He would need a mircale," the doctor said. Rydel looked like crying again but she kept her cool. Stormie sighed, 

"What is the chance of him living?" 

"Like I said, he'd need a miracle. Would you like to see him?" 

We all said yes. We got lead to a room whose was Riker's and we saw him laying in the hospital bed and a bag of blood being ran to his pulse. I couldn't stand it. Riker was the second person who I met when I moved here and he was the closest person I had to a brother. Other than the other Lynch boys and Ellington. 

"He hasn't woken up yet and we don't know even if he will," the doctor said. 

"Oh my god," Stormie said clutching onto her husband. 

The doctor left to let us be alone with him. Stormie went up to Riker's face and fixed his hair, "Riker, honey, you did good. I am so proud of you. I love you so so much, If you are really hurting right now, don't be afriad to let go. We will understand," she said to him and leaned down and kissed his head. I felt like crying listening to those words. Mark went to him and sighed, "I love you son. God speed." 

Everyone went up to him except maybe Rydel and me. It was my turn, "Riker. I don't know if you are listening but, you are the best guy I know. You always had my back so I'm going to always have yours. So, if you want to let go.." by now, I was crying. "You can. I love you Riker, always remember that!" I finished saying and stepped away. 

Rydel sniffled and stepped up, she was about to speak but instead, she threw herself onto him hugging him tight. "Riker, listen to me, You are my big brother but you are also my best friend! No one can ever replace you! I love you to death! Always remember that. Stay with me...you can get through this. But, if you decide that you need to let go, I'll support you and love you for whatever you do. But, remember, you are strong and I know you can make it. We all know it. Thank you..for everything. Love you Riker," she said smiling. We all sighed, 

"I think we should get going, guys," Stormie said. Mark nodded. Ross wiped a tear away from his eye and I hugged him. He hugged back, "It's going to be okay, Ross. I promise," I said and he smiled slightly but it was weak. Mark and Stormie left the room then Rydel then Rocky and Ratliff and Ryland... Ross looked down at Riker's body. 

"Let's go, Ross," I said and he nodded. We were leaving the room until we heard someone's voice. 

"Ross? Selena?"