Chapter sixteen

Beginne am Anfang

We hear the key and then the door unlocking.

Lex comes in the room, takes a look at my probably red face and Enzo pulling at his beautiful curly hair then he walks back out.

Cameron walks in, unlike Lex, Cameron glares at Enzo.

"You're girlfriend is broken man. I don't know why she's crying"

Girlfriend?

Girlfriend?

Is this man trying to give me a heart attack.

I start breathing into the paper bag. Before I know it Cameron bends down in front of me.

"You okay?"he asks softy.

His hazel greenish eyes on my blue. His gaze was soft and sweet.

I nod.

He rubs my cheeks with his thumb then his hand curls back on my neck and he pulls me closer to him.

"He called me your girlfriend"I hiccup.

He chuckles softly and replies "yeah baby"

"I didn't know I was your girlfriend"

"You literally live with me"he says amusement lacing his voice.

"That's because you kidnap me"I remind him.

"Let's never speak about that like ever"he says chuckling.

"You didn't even ask me to be your your um girlfriend"I might have whispered the last word.

He laughs.

I don't know say anything but stare at him for a second and he stares back after he stops.

"I'm not crazy"I tell him.

"I know you're not baby"

"I might not know why I'm crying but honestly Cam I'm not crazy"I hiccup.

"Got it"he says pulling me up with him and planting a big kiss on my lips.

The door slams, we both turn to it only to see Lex's retreating back.

"I'm guessing he just walked in on us necking on"I break the silence.

"Necking on?"

"What are you 80? Kissing. Making out"I clarify.

"Well now I know"he whispers still amused.

"Don't think Lex likes me very much"I say before I could stop myself.

"Don't think Lex likes me either"Cameron jokes.

He stops when he sees the look on my face. He sighs and stands up to sit next to me and pull me to his lap.

"Lex is ...."he trails off not knowing where to start.

"Lex is ..."I prompt.

"He's loyal"Cameron says.

He picks up one of my hands and starts to play with them while trying to think of a way to word his sentences.

"good friend. More like my brother. All of them are. Vinnie, Enzo, Bear, Locke, Liam. All of them."he pauses.

"People don't understand him. He's too honest and doesn't pull the knife with his truth. He is almost never wrong but when he is, he put his hands up. He's stubborn but noble. He could be considered rude." He continues and let's out a humourless chuckle.

He takes a deep breath before saying "Thing about Lex is that he is a complicated man because he has a complicated past. Now I'm not making excuses for him and I can't say much about his past but if he ever tells you what happened in his past, I guarantee you would understand him better"

"He would never tell you he loves you but he will show it. And he does every time we go and hunt. He saved my life more times I could count and vice versa. Don't worry to hard if he is cold around you, he's just trying to figure you out. If he makes you uncomfortable, I will have a talk with him-"

"No!"I blurt.

The last thing I want is them to have some kind of awkwardness around them because of me.

Cameron and Lex are good friends and if I want to be part of Cameron I would have to be civil with Lex. I don't have to like him and he doesn't have to like me but I would show him kindness and hopefully he would do the same for Cameron's sake.

"It's fine. I understand now. He just doesn't trust easily and I'm someone he doesn't know. I'm sure we will be good friends soon"

Cameron smiles and gives me a peck on my cheeks.

"So what did you do today"

"Oh you know just chilled with my bro. Watched tv, told each other jokes and ate food"I tell him.

"Sounds fun"

My head snaps to him.

"I'm bored out of my mind Cameron Lee Mitchell"

"Oh o. Full name"

"Seriously I love Enzo but we are going to ripe each other's hair off if we don't find something to do."

"Enzo have a lot of things to do."he tells me something I already know.

"Yeah but he doesn't to them often because he feels sorry for me"

Cameron doesn't reply. He looks like he is in a deep thought.

"I got to do something."I say softly. "I'm not use to not doing something. I have been working for 8 years. Doing nothing is driving me

"You can visit my mum"

"You're mum is awesome but she's also a very busy woman and also your little sister scares me"

Cameron laughs at that.

I don't understand what is funny because his sister is literally evil.

Enzo and I went to visit for lunch and she acted all sweet and asked her mum if she could sit next to me.

I was thinking finally she notices that I'm cool and wants to befriend me. Apparently she didn't want Enzo to sit next to me. I know this because as soon as her mum and Enzo were out of earshot, she kindly informed me of so.

She also spilled some of her orange on my jeans when I was talking to Enzo. Enzo found this whole thing funny. And so does Cameron when tell him what happened.

"She's sweet"he tells me

"When she likes you"I mumble.

"She's like that with Lily too."

"That makes me feel so much better"I say dryly.