Shoto Todoroki x Reader : Introductions

this is the first time i'm not using the actual song title...but the title wouldn't have made sense SO!! lmao hope y'all like this one muah stay safe and happy my angels!

shoto let out a shaky breath as he waited for you. he was about twenty years old, a new hero on the scene. you were about ten minutes late, but he was ten minutes early, so watching you walk up to him casually wasn't anything wrong. he was just too nervous. once your eyes met though, everything melted away. running into his arms, shoto held you for a moment before pressing a kiss to the top of your head. you both pulled away simultaneously, moving to hold hands instead as you moved to your destination. giving a reassuring squeeze, he stared into your eyes and felt relaxation take over him. it was only after twenty minutes of walking (you could've gotten there sooner, but he wanted to take his time and just enjoy the stroll) that you both arrived at the small homely cafe.
he opened the door and you stepped in, smiling as the smell of coffee made you sigh contently. there were a few customers, but everyone in the store was shocked to see you both there together. as a couple. taking a seat at one of the tables, you both began to have a small conversation, ordering mochi and some green tea as your guest was yet to come.
"are you sure about this? are you really sure?" shoto asked, looking at his cup intently.
"yes i'm sure, i said i have zero to no fears. except for bugs. they're my only enemy. plus, don't you think it's time already? we're literally getting married in a few months." you responded, intertwining your fingers so your ring shone on top.
leaning in, you pressed a kiss against his temple, cheek, and as soon as you were about to meet his lips you heard someone clear their throat.
the both of you pulled away quickly, clearing your throats and a blush appearing on your faces.
"dad, this is (y/n)." he spoke too fast, looking down at his lap nervously.
you could only watch, blinking a few times before bowing your head softly at the mention of your name. taking all the courage you had, you met eye to eye with endeavor. he stared you down, and you were sure he was going to ask a question, but the only thing he replied with was, "can't she introduce herself?" and surely you felt like an idiot.
"oh! i'm (f/n) (l/n)! otherwise (hero name)! my quirk is dealt with sleeping, but i don't really need sleep that much myself to use it! in fact i kind of have to be an insomniac to use it which is good since i already am one, haha...did i talk too much?" you asked, picking up your fork and taking a piece of mochi into your mouth.
endeavor could only stare, he assumed you were shy but instead you were the opposite. talking was not a problem for you, but you seemed to know your limits. he motioned for you to continue speaking and so you did. he was interested in your quirk, and you knew that. yet you wouldn't talk about it, just to annoy him. you watched his eyebrows twitch in annoyance and todoroki placed a hand on top of yours, looking to his dad for some kind of response.
"if you have anything to ask her, go ahead. we both know what you want to ask." he stared simply, placing your hand on his lap and playing with your fingers, a habit he picked up after three months of dating you in highschool.
endeavor grunted and stared at the two in front of him. he seemed to have some trouble getting the words out of his mouth, but soon enough you heard something along the lines of "tell me about your quirk".
"my quirk! oh it's related to sleeping! i can make people enter a dream or a nightmare depending on my mood and energy! if i don't sleep i have a lack of every which causes more nightmares to occur which is better for villains! though i nap for about three hours i'm the day and this allows me to give people who were just victims of horrible abuse or kidnapping to have good dreams for a short window so they don't suffer entirely." you finished with a nod of your head, taking another piece of mochi and chewed it happily.
"dad, i called you here for another reason. (y/n) isn't my girlfriend. she's my fiancée. we're getting married in a few months. and don't take it wrong, i haven't told you because you were so busy and i thought i'd be bothering the number one hero. i told mom two months ago, so don't feel so bad...i guess?" todoroki blabbered, running his mouth about how he felt sorry but not that sorry and soon enough you pinched his side so he could stop talking.
the two of you waited for a response, holding your breaths as he just thought of what he wanted to say.
"congratulations." endeavor muttered. and soon you began crying.
the father and son both became apprehensive, trying to calm you down, but that made you wail louder, gaining the attention of the people around you. after a long twenty minutes your crying finally reduced to small sniffles and little sobs.
"i-i'm sorry for crying so much. i'm just so...so happy! i never thought y-you would've accepted me, everyone made you such a bad guy. i knew i still had...e-even the slightest chance to be accepted as your daughter-in-law. i promise to not embarrass you and i'll d-do my best!" todoroki wiped the stray tears for you, smiling to himself as he thought you were so cute.
endeavor could only nod in response, being shocked at how affectionate his son truly was. he watched todoroki wipe your tears away and constantly whisper for you to calm down, that you guys are officially being married in a few months.
"dad, thank you. you don't know how happy you made me accepting her." todoroki turned to stare at his dad, smiling softly as he watched his dad gain a slight tint of pink on to his cheeks.