Eri x Reader : Lean On Me

you knew it was hard for her. you could feel her pain. you didn't know how much it hurt, but for some reason, seeing her made your heartache. as if soulmates were to. every time she walked by with midoriya or mirio, you'd feel the urge to run away. and so you did. though as eri became more comfortable in the school, she began to roam independently. sometimes the overwhelming amount of students would scare and she'd almost break down in front of everyone. it scared everyone. but eri would pick back up as if it was nothing. she's trying. you smiled when you say her trying. to live normally is becoming such a hard task on everyone in ua. thought sometimes there'll be days where you wander the halls, searching for some space away, and you'll find yourself watching eri from afar. she'd be huddled within herself, crying or either thinking really hard. you could tell she was scared of the outcome. what will happen next? eri was never sure. and that made you feel overwhelmed once again. this went on for forever. you would watch eri place on her mask carefully, but when she was alone, it would ultimately disappear.
one day, something in your body made you go. made you run after her and finally approach her.  you knew it was wrong. she was scared. but so were you. as soon as you were in front of eri, tears fell down her cheeks rapidly, and then she backed up against the wall. falling onto your knees, you looked down and felt tears down your cheeks. the overwhelming feeling was to its maximum amount. you just wanted it to be all okay. it would be okay. everyone needs reassuring. even when someone is in their darkest spots, there's a guaranteed light waiting for them. all they have to do is retry. there's always time to retry. you looked up to see eri take a step forward. and then another.
soon enough eri was embracing her ever so softly. your hands enveloped her carefully. she was almost a doll. eri and you stood there for a while, both crying in each other's comfort.
"eri, i know that it's so hard. but please try again for me. let's both get up and start once more. everyday let's try again." you said, choking on a sob in between. eri touched your face gently.
"uh....i think. i think that will be good. i always saw you in the halls, and i felt like we are the same, i think i would want to start again. c...can we start again together tomorrow?" she asked with plenty of pauses. eri was confident, you could tell.
smiling softly at her, your hands wiped away her tears and sighed. it must be so hard to wake up every morning. it must be so hard to sleep every night. but everyday, when you know you're at your limit, remember that there's a light waiting for you. the light will never die out, you're only letting darkness consume it by giving up so easily.