What's it gonna be?

Bonnie had stormed back to the house after finding out that Kai had mass murdered his siblings, Kai and I share a look and then follow them, "she's such a drag, why are we even taking her?" I ask as Kai chuckles, "cause we need a Bennett vi

Bonnie had stormed back to the house after finding out that Kai had mass murdered his siblings, Kai and I share a look and then follow them, "she's such a drag, why are we even taking her?" I ask as Kai chuckles, "cause we need a Bennett vi." He tells me slinging an arm around my shoulder.

"I'm not letting Kai out of here, okay? He just said, he's a serial killer." I roll my eyes, like the man standing beside her was oh so perfect, "I don't care. I wanna get out of here." My brother grumbles, "How can you not care? Maybe because of the horrible things you have done? Maybe cause killing a bunch of kids is not a big deal to someone who has murdered a pregnant woman? Am I wrong?" I snort at the look on Damon's face, "that was a low blow Bon Bon." I say as she turns to glare at me, "We're not letting little miss psycho out either." I grin at her taking it as a compliment, "wha- Bonnie we have to take her back with us." I smirk at the two of them, "well Kai and I are a package deal, it's a buy one get one free type deal." I wink, watching the frustration grow on my brothers face, "Violet," I shake my head, "you get both not one." Kai and I may have fought sometimes, but we had an understanding, we respected each other, we had each other's backs and I guess even without my humanity I was loyal.

"Well I mean if you guys want just me I'm fine with that." Kai smirks as I shrug his arm off of my shoulder and elbow him in the stomach, "they don't want you dumbass." So much for we had each other's backs.

Damon ends up finishing the hell story from before as Bonnie brings up the whole pregnant lady murder thing again.

"Ouch. Poor nephew -uncle Zach." Kai hums from beside me as well all look at Damon, "Stefan compelled uncle Zach to forget about the girlfriend and the baby. But he couldn't cover up all those murders. Founder's council was restarted and Stefan took off, left Mystic Falls for about 15 years. We both did. And when I saw uncle Zach again, I couldn't look at him without remembering that I ruined everything. So it was a relief when I got to kill him. Can we go back now?" I look at Damon, "you killed uncle zach?" Dang I didn't expect that.

"Oh, come on, Bonnie. You wanna go home to your friends, I wanna go back and give the rest of the Gemini coven an excruciating death. Win -win." I nod along but Bonnie doesn't seem very pleased with that plan. "Look, Bonnie, but I gotta get back. Not just for Elena, but for my brother." Damon pleads, "Sorry, Damon." Man this girl was so judgy who even cared, Kai killed four kids so what? Damon had probably murdered 4 thousand. "Sorry doesn't work for me." He is about to grab Bonnie, when instead Damon grabs him and pushes him against the wall.

"We may be having a bit of an disagreement, but don't ever lay a hand on her." Kai really walked himself into that one so I didn't intervene. "Kind of a non-issue now. Missed today's eclipse. Rain check for tomorrow." He shrugs as Damon lets him go, "No." Bonnie says making me roll my eyes again as she storms out of the house she had just stormed into.

Damon goes after her and I turn to Kai, "I still say we leave her." He smirks as he wraps an arm around my shoulder again. "There is no leaving without her V." He reminds me as we leave.

"I'm hungry." I say after a moment as we wonder the empty streets of mystic falls. "You're not feeding on me again." He says stopping in his tracks, making me roll my eyes as I wrap my arm around his torso as we continue to walk. "No idiot I mean hungry hungry not thirsty." He shakes his head, "well why didn't you say so?" I literally cannot put up with him sometimes.

"You know I bet damon is devising a plan right now to leave without you." I hum reaching over and stealing a fry from Kai's plate, his eyebrows furrow as he slaps my hand away, mumbling something unintelligible with his mouth full of food.

"Hey!" His muffled voice cries as I smirk and take more, "sharing is caring." I smile, "yeah well I don't care." I give him a fake pout as I hold my hand over my chest, "ouch, that stings, I thought after ten years you'd care, I mean you did get us these bestie bracelets after all." I smirk raising my wrist to show the bracelet off. "Like you care for me?" He asks raising a brow, "mmm I wouldn't say I care for you." I shrug but he just smirks at me, "What?" I ask annoyed by the smug smirk on his face. "Kai and I are a package deal." He mocks causing a flicker of irritation to light up inside me.

"Fine then, I'll just leave your sorry ass here and go home with Bonnie and Damon, because at least damon will fight for me to go back with him." I smirk watching his own drop, "that's what I thought." I shrug leaning back in my chair as Kai shoots me an icy glare.

We end up walking back to my old house, me being fairly certain that my brother was gonna be plotting a way out without Kai.

"Shame eating?" I hear him say as we hid around the corner, "Thinking about that pregnant Lady. She had a thing for pancakes." Bonnie replies, "That's what you remember?" Damon asks in disbelief making me roll my eyes, they were so boring. "You remember it, don't you? You make pancakes every day." I can almost see the look on Damon's face; "cause I'm bored." He denies.

"No. Cause you're punishing yourself. You call this place your hell and it makes you feel remorse. That makes you different from Kai. There is hope for you." I roll my eyes again Bonnie barely even knew Kai, I mean she wasn't wrong though he didn't feel remorse but who even cares, does it make it ok to murder if you feel bad? I don't get it, Damon never used to feel remorse that was Stefan and I. What had happened to him?

"Look. We can still get out of here, Bonnie. We can just steal that ascendant contraption, find out what Kai knows. We'll ditch him." I knew my brother too well, even after not seeing him for decades he was still the same old predictable Damon, I turn to Kai who's stood beside me to give him an I told you so look. "What about your sister? She's made it clear she's not gonna leave without him." Bonnie huffs, "yeah well, we'll just snap her neck and bring her along, trust me Bonnie my sister isn't like that freak she just needs to flip her switch back and she's even better than Elena." He says making me roll my eyes for a third time, what was their obsession with me and my stupid switch, Damon did way worse with his humanity. "It'll be easy Bon, it's not like Kai's got any magic to stop us."

"Actually it's not that simple." Kai tells them as we walk into the room making them both jump. "You gotta stop doing that, creepy." Damon says as I stop and lean against the door and Kai walks in further. "Here's a thing: I have a killer effect on magic. I can't generate it myself. But I can consume it from others temporarely. My family callled me an abomination. That hurt my feelings." He then grabs Bonnie's wrist harshly and begins to siphon her magic.

Bonnie and Damon start moaning in pain and the stove catches fire as he does some spell on them. Damon's groans of pain triggers something inside of me, I push myself off of the doorframe as a pit begins to bloom in my stomach. "Kai..." I move closer to Damon, Kai looks over at me and rolls his eyes before letting the spell go, "You can see why my coven and I didn't get along." He smirks as Damon glares at him, the pit disappears and I take a step back. That was close, I could feel my humanity flickering but I didn't want to flip the switch back, life was so much easier without feelings weighing you down.

"I smell an ultimatum." I turn my attention back to the three others in the room with me, "If I consume all of Bonnie's magic I'm just gonna end up killing her. But if we work together, we can all go home as friends. Or I can develop her magic, kill you both and go home with Vi." He winks at me before turning back to the newbies, "What's it gonna be?" He asks as he sits down at the table and pops a bit of a pancake into his mouth.