I'm In Love You

"There was a time I marked days on a calendar

"There was a time I marked days on a calendar." She takes the kettle from the fireplace pours us each a cup of tea before sitting across from us. "I gave up after a few years, but, judging by your bizarre attire..."

"You've been in here for over a century..." Elena trails off awkwardly. "Yeah, I would have come by sooner, but I thought you were safe and sound in the family crypt." Damon says his sarcastic tone accompanied with a fake smile. "My bad." I elbow him harshly to get him to stop as I notice the guilt on moms face.

"Technically, I did die in 1858, after a nurse in the TB ward fed me vampire blood." She says, "And you never thought to stop by and clear things up?" Mom looks at him awkwardly before returning the kettle to the fire. Elena, sensing the tension, decides to change the subject.

"How did you end up here, Mrs. Salvatore?" She asks making Damon look at her incredulously. "Mrs. Salvatore?" He whispers questioningly, "I don't know what to call her." She whispers back making mom chuckle.

"Please, call me Lily. It was October 31st, 1903." She dips a tea bag into each of their cups. Next to the cups is a sealed jar of blood and a small dropper, I eye it curiously wondering why she had so little blood. "I had just arrived in New York Harbor. The night sky was alive with this beautiful shimmering light. And, out of nowhere, a coven of witches attacked. When I woke, they were gone. Everyone was gone." She chuckles nervously. "That night, the sky danced with colors again, and it's done so every night since." She finishes handing us the tea.

"It's called "prison." You must have pissed off a lot of people." I kick his ankle this time making him hiss as Elena gives him a hard look. "That life seems like forever ago."

Damon picks up the dropper next to the jar of blood and examines it. "You on a diet?" He asks, "I depleted every slaughterhouse within walking distance, and every butcher's shop along the hellish trek from New York to Mystic Falls." She picks up the jar of blood and shows it to us. "This is the last of the blood here, heh. Two drops a week, just to stay awake." I don't know if I would've been able to handle that. "That sounds miserable."

"I manage." She smiles before looking to her eldest. "I heard you and your brother turned during the war." Oh so she knew, she knew we were vampires too but she didn't contact us?

"Mmhmm." Damon hums, "Your father must have been horrified." She says as she sips her tea. "He was! And then, Stefan ripped his throat out." Mom giggles so hard she accidentally spits out her tea, and then looks a little embarrassed but at least it made Damon smile at her.

"I apologize-- that's cruel to laugh, but... good for Stefan. I truly hated that man." Didn't we all? "Oh, I know you did. So much so that you left your kids with him, faked your own death, and then went out to join the Ripper Coalition." Elena gives Damon another stern look.

"Well, it's nice to see that you've grown into yourself, Damon." She says smiling tightly but as Damon smiles back, her smile falls quickly.

"So, Violet how did you turn?" She asks tearing me from my theories on why she hadn't come back for us. "Dad threw me down the stairs, it broke my neck." I shrug making her frown as the atmosphere grows even more awkward.