ship-i

"i can't believe you told dongho i was jealous of him," dohyun scolded me for telling dongho everything the other day.

"i mean what do you expect me to tell him if i am stuck here in the house for 4 days already?" i shot back. "he wanted me to tell something that happened recently," i furrow my eyebrows and even brought my hands to my chest.

"h-he asked you that?" his eyes instantly changed to being nervous and i just nodded. "ah.." he muttered then left me in the living room to the kitchen. i let him do what he wanted but became bored after an hour so i followed him.

"what are you doing?" he flinched when i showed up behind him. "what the hell?" i furrowed my eyebrows once again and scoffed. "why are you that startled? you're in my house?" i chuckled and looked at what he was doing.

"sorry," he shyly giggled and then proudly showed me what he was doing. "im baking cookies," he said and smiled. "this might take a while so sleep first," and then proceeded on making the dough.

"aish, i don't want to sleep," i pouted. "i feel like i've slept for more than a month already," and my eyes went around the kitchen counter. i smiled devilishly when i found what i wanted to find. i let him put the cookies in the oven first with a cunning smile in my face. "ah, how handsome this being is," i smiled and cupped his face with flour full in my hands.

he closed his eyes tightly, accepting the challenge. i burst into laughter when i removed my hands, looking at the masterpiece i made in his face. 

"yoon hyerin," he smiled. 

"why?" i teasingly asked and smiled. i gasped in shock when he poured a handful of flour in my head, then running away while laughing.

"you punk! you're dead meat," i said and went after him, making a mess around the kitchen. we sprayed water to each other, even used up all the flour just for fun. dohyun even had his phone playing some music that's why we were dancing. 

after we heard the oven make a sound, we immediately stopped and dohyun took the cookies out. we were both astonished at how the cookies looked. 

it burnt.

we.. have waited for thirty minute, just to get this result. 

i blinked my eyes twice to double check if what i was seeing was right.

i looked at dohyun who had the same blank face i had. i felt sorry instantly and looked at the cookies with heart eyes.

"looks great," i aid and clasped my hands together, getting one. 

"hey, why would you eat that!" he asked while stopping me. "its burnt!" he holds my hands back but i took a bite of it. 

"it.. tastes great!" i choke on my choice of words, him exasperated and slumps on the chair beside me. i continue to eat the cookies even though it tastes like charcoal, but i still felt his sincerity in making these so i continue to munch on it. "it really tastes great though," i mutter.

"stop eating that you'll poison yourself," 

"stop overreacting. why don't you try one?" i said and give him a new cookie. he takes it with hesitant hands and took a bite. it wasn't even a second before he spat it out. i laughed so much i became one with the table trying to stop laughing.

"its literally charcoal!" he said while rinsing his mouth with tap water. 

"its good though," i mumble and continue to eat it while he was watching me with a creased face. 

"isn't it time you both take notice of us?" we jolt up at the sudden voice, eunhee. "we've been here for 20 minutes already." eunhee sighs and looks at dongho with a disapproving face.