ship

i told dongho and eunhee the moment they stepped into the classroom, and immediately told me to report it to the police because they said that the one sending these might have some serious issues. we instantly planned on going there, and was asked to go there the next day.

"the police will do their work," dongho reassures me when he saw me consciously biting my nails.

"i know, i just cant help it." i started bouncing my feet anxiously when he held my hands to stop me from biting my nails. he sighed and gave eunhee a call. 

i was sitting uneasily on the corner of the police station, not taking my eyes off the officer we talked to earlier. 

"eunhee and dohyun are on their way," dongho says and sits beside me. he tried stopping me from doing anything that can hurt me, may it be fiddling with my fingers, or anything that i did earlier. 

i stood up the moment i saw the officer walk closer to us. 

"good thing you hid all those letters, we checked the likeness of the handwriting to others, and fortunately we matched one." the officer smiled at us. i felt hopeful and clung onto dongho, grinning from ear to ear. "so we checked the ip address of the text sent to you next," he continued. "it matched. i think we just got our culprit." he then signalled us to follow him to his desk so we did.

"who is it?" i curiously asked. donghothen tried composing himself from his anger.

"its someone named woo wonbin," he clicked somethings on the computer and his birth certificate with picture showed. 

my eyes turned afraid immediately. my head started spinning. i didn't know him, but why am i afraid. i closed my eyes, then started massaging my temples.

"no!" i shouted before blacking out.

flashback

"woo wonbin!" i lovingly shout then throw my arms at him.

"yes, my lovely girlfriend?" he says then cups my face with a smile on his face.

"who says im your girlfriend?" i say and chuckled. his eyes turned wide straight away. "hey.. you're scaring me." his eyes looked bloodshot and i couldn't be more trembling than i am now.

"what are we then?" he started enclosing the gap between us. as fast as lightning, his hands grabbed my neck harshly. "best friends?" he scoffs. "bullshit," then strangles his hand tighter.

i cough as i tried to get air and did anything i could to lessen the tightness of his grip. but the more i moved, the more i can't breathe.

"..please." i muttered with the smallest energy i had in me.

"what are we?!" he pushed me on a wall which made me groan.

"why are you like this?" i kept trying to get out of his grip but i can't. the last thing i saw was dongho beating him to pulp and me trying to regain my cycle of breathing.

flashback end

i blink a few times before seeing a familiar all white room, the light blinding me. i furrow my eyebrows as i felt my head spinning, then the memories all coming back at me once. i cry my heart out, recalling everything that happened.

"hyerin-ah," the door suddenly opens which revealed dongho running to me tailed by dohyun and eunhee. "why, what's wrong?" he kept on asking but i just cry in front of him. 

"i.. remember everything," i say between breaths, "that.." i sob, "son of a bitch," i cuss and sob once more.

the three of them did nothing but calm me, and after a few minutes i did.

"what happened to me?" i ask, my voice still cracking. "why did i just remember?" i ask desperately.

i needed answers.

"until what part do you remember specifically?" he sighs and takes a sit beside me. he holds my hand comfortably and starts caressing it. 

i told them what i knew while dohyun just stared intently, listening to every detail i said.

"well, after that, we brought you to a hospital. you were out for a few days and we started getting worried. when you finally woke up, you consistently asked us what you were doing in a hospital, and the last you remember was being with me. your family, me, and eunhee came to a conclusion to never bring up wonbin again. it was a painful memory for you and that's it. the doctor said it was possible that since you knew wonbin for years already, if he does something to you, you erase it temporarily and go on as if nothing happened. that's why you stayed beside him for years. the doctor said it was something like.. mindwipe? i think. that's it, i guess." dongho says but i just furrow my eyebrows, syncing all of it to my brain. 

"the police just talked to us," dohyun started and brushed my hair back. "they said they got him," he smiles reassuringly and i finally got to breathe as if nothing was holding me back.

"you deserve all oxygen in the earth," eunhee jokes and we all laugh. my eyes unconsciously landed on the iv that was injected in my arm, looking at it.

"i know you don't like being in hospitals," dongho suddenly speaks. "you'll get discharged tomorrow. after that, you should rest for a week. and yes, without school." i pouted at the sound of 'no school,' which meant no lee dohyun pill for a week. dongho and eunhee laughs, as if reading my mind.

"i will do your notes and hand them over to dohyun everyday, so you wouldn't miss a thing. a little birdie told me you were basically three houses apart," eunhee laughs and dohyun widens his eyes to eunhee, as if he was not informed about eunhee's plan.

i smile discreetly and chat with them longer, until dongho and eunhee had to go home.

"dongho, take eunhee home," i nag him and glared at him the moment eunhee leaves the room after bidding goodbye.

"i was going to even if you didn't tell me." he then waves and runs off to catch up with eunhee. i chuckle then realized dohyun was still beside me.

"why aren't you going home?" i asked him while he got me some water. "its getting late, your mom's home alone." i gulp down all the water and put the glass back to the table beside me.

"im staying here," he says with a poker face.

"what? no! your mom's alone!" i insist, although it wasn't because of her mom. i didn't want to be awkward with him in this tiny room.

"i told her already to stay with your mom," he says, fixing your blanket. "your mom told me to take care of you since she can't leave the house alone, your brother has some work so he cant go home or here, so i asked my mom to stay with yours." he said, still with no emotions seen.

"okay then," i furrow my eyebrows at him, trying to figure out what he's thinking off. it was a first for me that i saw him not smile in a matter of hours. "but what's wrong with you?" i ask.

"what's wrong with me?" he asks back. i scoff at his sarcastic-ness. he sits back on his seat and averts his eyes from the blanket to me emotionless. 

"what did i do so wrong that you're like this?" i started to get irritated. all i know is that i woke up, then we chatted, then he's like this. 

"you did nothing wrong," 

"that's the point! then why are you being like this!" i shot back.

"like this-- what?!" 

"like that!" i pointed to him and we were basically fighting because of nothing. i annoyingly pull the blanket up to my face and settled in the bed. "you know what, suit yourself," i roll my eyes and cover myself with the blanket. i heard him heave a deep breath and starts removing the blanket that's on the way from seeing me. i let him, but i pretend to be asleep although i know that he knows im still wide awake. 

"im just.." he starts then holds my hand. "im just jealous of dongho," he finally spits out.