chil

"good evening, mothe--," i stop myself, "no, what should i call you," i politely asked while bowing. 

"hello, nice to meet you!" he hugs me. her warmth was just like dohyun's, it was reassuring. "just call me auntie! i'd love that," he pats my back.

"sure then, good evening auntie. im yoon hyerin," i smile, then bow repeatedly. 

"be casual! i'd be very uncomfortable if you continue to act like that." she jokes. my eyes continuously looked around for dohyun but he was nowhere to be found. i was bad at this. i was very awkward in meeting people for the first time. "please, feel at home and wait for dohyun. i'll just be fancying our dinner," she said and leaves me alone in the living room. 

i sat on the sofa awkwardly and looked around the house without moving an inch. 

"here," dohyun handed me a drink then sits down beside me.

"thank you," i said then got the drink with trembling hands.

"stop being so nervous and act like you do," he chuckled. "let's go, mom's setting up the table." he dragged me to their dining table and sat me down. 

we all settled then ate while having small talks. after eating, we stayed for a while in the dining table to chat.

"now that i look at you closely, you look a little familiar," her mom says and squints her eyes at me. dohyun suddenly gets up and looked nervous. 

"ah, my house is just three houses away from here, you may have seen me form time to time," i politely said.

"no.. i feel like i've seen you on a pi--," dohyun quickly shuts her mom's mouth by covering it with his large hand.

"what are you doing?" i ask dohyun while i hold his hand to stop him.

"ah, let me just talk a minute with my mom," he then drags her own mother a little further from me while covering her mouth. i turn my back at them to give them the privacy they want. fortunately, a picture was right in front of me so i averted my attention there.

it was dohyun in 7th grade, when he won the math quiz bee, i smiled, remembering how i was so happy when he won the award. 

"hey," dohyun suddenly pops beside me. 

"oh, hey." i said then i saw his mom fixing the plates in the table and i ran to help her.

"no, no, no, honey, it's okay, let me." she says and lightly pushes me away. dohyun just stands there while i insist on helping. "dohyun-ah, go around the house or whatever, i'll just clean this up."

"please, let me help," it would be rude not to! 

"let's start at the living room!" he drags me to the living room even if i insisted, so i just let him to not tire myself out. "this is me when i wa--," he starts.

"were in grade 8, won spelling bee." i cut him off then started pointing on the the framed pictures that was beside it, as if reciting math formulas. after that, i looked at him and his face was nothing but shock.

"how'd.. you know all of that?" i realize only what i have done after that and quickly sought an answer. 

"you know i have a good memory, besides, i was in all of those and you won all of it," i chuckled nervously. 

"sorry," he chuckled.

"i've looked into here already. i want to see your room." i go up the stairs without waiting for him.

"no not my room!" he blocks with his whole body. "please, not my room." he practically begs.

"ah, why?" i sulk. "please?" i acted cute in front of him but to no avail. if cutesy does not work, then physical it is. i grab the doorknob while he pushes me and blocks me from opening it.