• Cut •

WARNING: Mentions of self harm.

I put the bloody razor away as I grip my aching arm, sitting on the bathroom floor. I promised Michael I'll stop doing this, and I did for some time, but now I couldn't help it. I don't know what I'll say if he finds out. And he sure will.

Shit, he's gonna be so pissed.

Just at the moment I take the razor again and start making one more cut Michael enters the bathroom.

"Baby, where are-" His eyes widen as he stares at my bloody arm. I stop with what I was doing in fear of his reaction.

He slowly takes the razor away from my hand and presses it against his wrist, as if he wants to cut himself. I jump up throwing the metal blade on the other side of the bathroom. I plant a kiss on the soft skin of his wrist.

"Don't harm yourself, love."

"I keep saying the same to you, but you won't listen." He replies dryly. I bow my head down in shame, but his soft fingertips lift my chin up. "Why do you do this to yourself?" His voice cracks.

"I'm sorry." Is all I can choke out as I sob into his chest. We cry together in grief for neither one of us knows how to help me.

"You need to go to a psychiatrist." He states calmly. "Or I should simply cut myself every time you do, so you could see how pointless it is."

I cup his face and peck his pouted lips.

"Please don't do that. I'll stop."

"You said that the last time." Michael sighs.

"I know." I whisper. "I just don't know what's wrong with me. I don't understand why I do that."

"Neither do I, Y/N, neither do I." He says placing me on the counter and taking the first aid kit. He nurses my wounds gently, being extremely careful as to not to cause me any more pain.

"Done." He caresses my cheek lovingly and kisses my forehead, but then rests his hands on the counter on the either side of my body looking at me in a "what am I going to do with you" manner.

"I'm sorry." I apologize again, not knowing what else to say.

"Let's try it like this. Every time you feel like doing this, call me and I'll come right away. If I have to, I'll come from anywhere and stop you from doing this. Or even better, you're gonna go everywhere where I go, so I can keep my eye on you. Yeah, that's what we're gonna do."

I bite my lip as guilt overwhelmes me. He's willing to do anything for my well-being but my stupid ass can't stop distressing him with its harmful doings.

"Thank you for being so good to me. I don't deserve it at all."

His deep brown eyes meet mine and give me a symphatetic look. "You do, baby, of course you deserve me. Don't speak about yourself like that, ok?" He coos.

"I'm just a burden to you, though. Your life would be so much easier if I wasn't in it."

"That's completely untrue, Y/N. This self harm you do is only one aspect of our lives. Yes, it should stop, but it's definitely not something that could ever make me give up on you. Besides, you are with me through all of my troubles, loneliness and problems. You sacrifice just as much as I do for you." His eyes bore to the depths of my very soul and I smile for the first time today. "We both deserve each other, love, and don't you ever think differently."

"I love you, Michael. I promise I'll stop doing this. I don't know how and when but I will."

He grins. "I love you too, honey."

His arms wrap around me and my legs around his waist as he carries me to our bed.

We love each other and it's all that matters.