• Date Of Joy •

~ Hello, guys! I finally decided to update. This was requested by mjspytee , I hope you'll like it and sorry for waiting for so long! ~

[1984]

I chew on my bottom lip nervously as I look at myself in the mirror. I'm wearing a long strapless red dress decorated with a thin golden belt on my waist. My heels and purse are also gold and my make up compliments my features in the best way possible. My hair is up in a bun, with just a few strands of it falling out.

My outfit matches Michael's perfectly for our first public appearance as a couple. He's taking me to American Music Awards.

When he first asked me to go with him, I was ecstatic. Overjoyed. Excited. But now, when it's time to actually go with him, millions of questions are running through my mind.

How will this whole thing go? Will the media make up false stories about us? Will I be able to handle the pressure? Will his fans like me? Will I do something stupid and embarrass myself tonight?

However, the most important one is - am I even good enough for him?

I mean, he's Michael Jackson, the most famous person on the planet, the best entertainer ever, the best selling artist, at the age of only 25. On the other hand, I am... well, just an ordinary girl.

The sound of the door opening interrupts my thoughts and I turn around to see my lover's beautiful face peeking through them.

"May I come in?" His soft voice asks.

"Of course, baby. This is your room too, you know." I smile widely as he approaches me, studying my appearance from head to toe making me blush. His hands rest on my hips and his lips plant a small affectionate kiss on my bare shoulder.

"You look beautiful." He compliments as we both gaze at our reflection in the mirror. "And nervous." He adds chuckling.

"I really am and it's not funny." I pout.

"But there's-"

"No need to be nervous. I know, you've told me that already." I sigh. "But I can't help it."

He turns me around so he can look into my eyes. "What's the problem?"

"Well... a few things. I'm scared, Michael. I'm scared of what people might think, what stupid stories paparazzi might make up, I might do something I shouldn't and embarrass myself and I-" I clear my throat searching for comfort in his deep chocolate eyes. "I'm absolutely terrified of not being good enough for you. I mean, you're-"

"Lorraine, stop. We've discussed this already a long time ago. You are an amazing person, an amazing girlfriend and my best friend. You're beautiful, inside and out. Understood?" He says sternly yet gently.

I beam and throw myself into his embrace, wrapping my arms around his neck and showering him with kisses. He giggles at my sudden affection and engulfs me in a much needed hug.

"I love you so much, babygirl." He whispers in my ear in his deep velvet voice, sending shivers down my spine.

"I love you too, darling."

We just stand there enjoying the warmth of each other's bodies until we realize we have to go soon.

"Are you done with getting ready?" Michael asks as we pull away.

"Yeah, I am." I take one long look at him, rewarding my eyes with the most beautiful sight they've ever seen. It's not like I don't see him every day, but each time I think about his beauty, I'm amazed by it.

His sparkling red and gold jacket that I matched my dress to looks amazing on him, he's wearing his usual black pants, white socks and penny loafers - that look good only on him, to be honest.

"Dear Lord, you'll kill me with your gorgeous self one day."

He blushes a deep shade of red and I pinch his cheek giggling. "Stop iiiiit." He whines.

"C'mon, boy, let's go."

"OK, wait a sec." He opens a drawer and takes a sparkling black glove and a pair of sunglasses.

"The last touch ups, huh?"

"Yup." He answers sheepishly, taking my hand and leading me to our limo.

***

"See? It isn't bad at all." Michael whispers in my ear as we take our seats in the front row.

"Yeah, it isn't. But don't you try bringing me on the stage or something."

"I figured that you wouldn't like that, so don't worry, I won't. Yet." He smirks.

"What does that mean?"

"It means that I will let you adapt to being in public with me before putting you in the spotlight."

"I- you-" I purse my lips not knowing how to respond. "We'll discuss this when we get back home."

"Yes, ma'am."

***

The rest of the evening went great. Michael got eight awards, and every time he went on stage to receive one, I cheered and clapped my hands with the proudest grin on my face. He was bursting with happiness, making me sad that I wasn't able to see that joyful glimpse in his eyes due to his shades. I also think I was caught on camera decent number of times and surprisingly didn't mind it. All I was thinking of was how glad I am to have this wonderful man in my life.

And how perfect everything was.

***

"What a night." I exclaim snuggling into the bed next to Michael.

"Yeah. I'm so happy you agreed to come."

"Well, from now to on it'll be very hard for you to get me off your back." I joke.

He giggles and pecks my cheek. "So you're willing to be with me through all these craziness? I have to warn you, dealing with the media won't be easy."

"I know, and if that's the price I have to pay in order to be with you, so be it."

He hovers over me making me squeal in surprise and peppers kisses all over my face. "I love you so much, Lorraine."

"I love you more."

"Here you go again with stealing my line."

"I just had to." I giggle.

"Yeah, yeah." He chuckles turning off the bedside lamp. "C'mere." He gestures me to come closer and I happily oblige. He wraps his arm around my waist as I bury my face in his chest, enjoying the tender feelings of love he's giving me.

With the sound of his sweet lullabies, I fall into a peaceful sleep, looking forward to our bright future together.

~ If any of you has requests send them to me. It doesn't have to be just one, it can be more, but it'll take a while for me to write them. Ly! xoxo ~

 Ly! xoxo ~