• The River's Kiss •

~ WARNING: Mentions of suicide. If you're sensitive to the topic, do not read. ~

I look down at the bright blue water, clutching to the railing of the bridge. Tears stream down my face as I slowly climb it, my gaze fixated to the sparkling river.

It looks so calm and beautiful. It will be my salvation.

My ears are buzzing, and I hear nothing but the beats of my own heart. My life flashes before my eyes and I see no reason to stay. My mother is gone for over a decade, my father has left me when I was 5, I lost my job a year ago, so I'm pennyless and have nowhere to go anymore and the love of my life doesn't love me back.

This is the escape.

Just as I let myself go, I feel a pair of strong arms around my waist. I instantly recognize who the person is. ''Michael? What are you doing here? Let me go!'' I yell, not wanting him to see me in this state.

Alas, he doesn't listen to me and pulls me even closer. I shake and sob in his arms, trying to push him away but he's much stronger than me. ''Shhhh, it's OK... I'm here, it's OK. Everything will be fine, I promise. I'll be there, Y/N. I'll help you.''

''I want to believe in that so badly.'' I sniff and he finally lets go of me, turns me around and gazes into my eyes. I bow my head down in shame but he holds my chin between his thumb and index finger, making me look at him.

He kisses my tears away with his soft plump lips and cups my face in his hands. ''Why, Y/N? Why?'' He asks on the verge of tears.

''What's the point? It's all over. I'm sick of everything, I'm sick of not finding happiness even though I was trying so hard, I'm sick of myself! I don't even have a place to live in anymore. I'm tired, Michael. I'm so tired.'' I sigh not knowing how to explain my actions. Unsuccessful actions. ''I can't even kill myself properly. That's how miserable I am.''

''First of all, taking your own life away is not a solution. It's pointless. There's always a reason to live, Y/N, you just have to discover it.'' He tucks my hair behind my ear and I close my eyes, trying to absorb the gentleness he brings me. ''You shouldn't say you're sick of yourself. Girl, you're one of the- no, the best person I have ever met. It's okay to have problems, to feel sad or distressed, but you have to ask for help if you need it. Both emotional and material one. Do you understand that?'' He reasons.

''But, Michael, I-''

''No 'buts', Y/N. I'm not leaving you alone after this. I'll be by your side until you get this absurd idea out of your mind, even if it means I have to follow you around 24/7 and annoy you to the point when you want to strangle me. Now let's get in the car and go to my place. Do you have your stuff? If you don't, we'll go shopping and buy you everything you need after you get some good rest.''

''I- I don't know. I think they threw them away after I told them I couldn't pay the rent and left.'' I mumble.

He takes my hand in his and guides me to his car through the park. ''You should've told me about everything that's been going on. I could've helped you. I feel guilty for not noticing you felt that way.''

''I didn't want to be a burden. Just like I am now.''

''You're not a burden, Y/N. Quite the opposite, you're the-'' He stops himself from saying what he wanted to, but instead hugs me tightly and kisses me all over my face, slowly and tenderly. ''Don't you ever even think of doing this again.'' He chokes on his words and buries his face in my neck. ''What if I came just a few seconds later, what if Karen didn't have a day off, saw you and called me saying you looked upset, what if I were somewhere further and weren't able to come in time to stop you? I wouldn't be able to forgive myself, I wouldn't be able to live peacefully knowing I could've done something but didn't." He inhales, his brown orbs gazing deep into my soul. "Oh God, I'm so glad you're fine. I'm so glad you're alive. I love you, Y/N. I love you so much."

I'm completely taken aback by his words, for I'd never expect him to feel this way. I thought I was just one of the many people he met and hung out with. ''I- I love you too, Michael.'' I say, honestly smiling for the first time in what seems like forever.

He crashes his lips to mine, giving all of him to me with the lovely intimate affection. His lips are sweeter than honey, making me moan quietly as his tongue searches for entrance before eagerly exploring my mouth. ''I'm sorry, Y/N, I'm so sorry.'' He whispers after pulling away.

''You have nothing to be sorry for. My demented personality is not your fault.''

''You're not demented, Y/N. You've just been through a lot and it took a tool on you. Besides, I'm here. Don't hesitate to ask me for anything you need. Okay?''

''Okay.'' I nod, thanking the higher forces for making his happen.

''Good. Let's go now.''

''Michael?'' I ask as we continue walking.

''Yes, love?''

''Will- will you send me to the psychiatrist?'' I stutter on my words for that's what I'm most scared of. I can't explain my feelings to myself, let alone someone I've just met.

''I won't 'send' you anywhere if you don't want to. I'm no professional, but anything you want to talk about, you can talk about with me. However, if you do something like this again, we'll have to do something about it.''

''Thank you, Michael.'' I say genuinely.

''You're welcome, baby. I'll never make you do something you don't want to, don't worry about that. Feel free to always tell me your honest feelings and thoughts.''

I just smile in response and peck his cheek. He chuckles and takes me in his arms, carrying me bridal style. ''Michael!'' I squeal.

His harmonious laughter fills my eardrums, his warm body welcomes mine as his strong arms hold me protectively, the taste of his lips still lingers on mine and the words of love echo in my mind.

I feel as if a part of me did end up in that river. Doubt was replaced with hope, and I can finally see the light.

My heart slowly but securely fills with a feeling I haven't felt for a long time.

Pure love.

~ I have to thank you all for 3k reads on my book. You're wonderful, babes! xoxo ~

 You're wonderful, babes! xoxo ~