• Motown 25 •

~ I'm so not ready for tomorrow and I'm trying to think of anything else and distract myself so here's an imagine I've been working on in order to do that. Enjoy! ~

I watch my baby in awe as he does his incredible dancing and singing to Billie Jean, one of his new hits. He does every part of it perfectly smooth, looking as if he's flying instead of walking across the stage.

When he finishes the whole crowd stands up and cheers, with me probably being the most enthusiastic and loud one. I head to the backstage in order to congratulate him and say how amazing he was. I can't find him anywhere, which makes me quite confused and worried, for every time when he gets off of stage a bunch of people gather around him and compliment his performance.

I think he's most likely in his dressing room, so that's where I go. I reach for the knob and try to open the bit they're locked. Now I know something's wrong.

"Michael? Baby, are you there?"

I hear some sniffling and muffling before he opens the door, his eyes full of tears. I'm as shocked as I can be so I just stand there with my mouth agape before compensating myself and entering his dressing room.

"Sweetheart, what's wrong?" He leads me to sit on the couch and rests his head on my lap.

"I was horrible." He whines.

My heart softens as soon as he says that for I know how much of a perfectionist he is. "You were not, love, why would you say that?" I ask stroking his hair gently.

"I didn't do the toe stand right. I wanted it to last longer."

I smile at his silliness and wipe his tears away. "It was breathtaking, baby, I'm sure no one even noticed that. Everybody was mesmerized, I promise."

"But I wanted to do it better." He pouts sitting up. He stops crying, which I'm greatly thankful for. I hate to see my baby crying.

"I know you did Michael, but there'll be a lot of more chances to perform and do it the way you find it good enough. And I personally think you just made history with this performance." I peck his cheek as he blushes.

"Thank you, Y/N."

"You actually took my compliment this time. We're making some progress here." I tease making him giggle.

"Let's go home, I'm tired. I just want some cuddles and sleep.'' He nuzzles his nose to my neck taking my hand in his.

"Awww, my baby needs to be pampered." I coo and his cheeks turn pink again. It's too cute.

Just as we exit the dressing room a young boy appeals and squeals in excitement. "Michael Jackson, that was amazing! Who thought you to dance like that?"

Michael thanks him with a wide smile and gives him an autograph. Him with children is the most adorable sight for me. I can't wait for the day I'll give him babies, that'll make him so happy.

"Feel better now?" I ask as we get into the limo.

"Yes, I actually do. That boy made me feel better. Children are honest, they wouldn't say they like something if they don't." He beams.

"But you don't believe me when I say you did it good." I poke out my bottom lip and bat my eyelashes.

"Awww, it's not that, just... You'd tell me I was good even if I did a chicken dance and sang like a hyperactive squirrel."

I break out into laughter at this comparison and Michael does too. "Well, I can't deny it's true."

"See, that's why I don't believe you! You love me, so you say things that make me feel good." He reasons.

"Who says that I love you?" I lift my eyebrow playfully and he pouts.

"You. Plenty of times." He smiles proudly. "The best girl in the whole wide world loves me."

"And the best man in the whole wide world loves her back?" I half-state half-ask and kiss his cheek.

"He truly does." Michael whispers sealing his lips over mine.

~ I still cannot believe he actually cried after Motown 25, that performance was spectacular! Silly boy... ~