• Burn •

~ Thank you all for 5k reads! You're the best! ~

"Let me see him, I'm his girlfriend! Please!" I yell, completely furious with the nurse at the reception.

"Miss, I already explained you that only family is allowed." She says raising a barely existing eyebrow.

"Is his family here?" I ask taking a deep breath.

"Yes, why?"

"Tell them I'm here and they'll let me in. Please. I need to see him." I practically beg, trying not to let any tears fall.

I flew to the hospital as soon as I got the news. Michael's scalp was badly burned by a firework while filming a commercial for Pepsi. He asked me to go with him, but I had some work to do and didn't go.

Now, I'd do anything to change that, not because I could've done anything to prevent the accident, but because I think both him and me would feel much better if we were together when that happened.

"Y/N? You're here?" I hear a familiar voice saying.

"Oh, Janet, thank God! I've been asking them to let me see him but they wouldn't do so. How is he? Is he awake?"

She sighs as if trying to calm herself down and stay sane. "It was a very bad burn, but the surgery is over now. They don't know when he will wake up, though."

"I feel so bad for not being there. He wanted me to come with him, but I didn't and..." I stop finally letting myself cry all the pain out.

"It's not your fault, you could've done nothing about this. Come on, let's go see him." She hugs me tightly, the thought of being able to see Michael relaxing me a bit.

His room is isolated from the others in order to keep his privacy. As we get in front of it, I see most of his family members, including extremely distressed Katherine.

I greet and hug each one of them before entering Michael's room. Tears well up in my eyes and I don't even try to stop them from falling. I take his hand in mine and sob my soul out.

"I'm sorry, baby. I'm so sorry..."

- a few hours later

I nervously pace through Michael's hospital room. I know they said it'll take a while for him to wake up, but I'm really worried. I sigh and sit on a chair next to the bed and entwine our fingers. I kiss the back of his hand and caress it gently with my thumb.

My baby will be in pain and will have to go through a bunch of surgeries because those Pepsi idiots were unable to control the damn firework! Why did that have to happen to him? We recently found out he has lupus, which is definitely not easy to bear with, and now he has to endure this too. It's so unfair.

"I'd rather have myself feel that pain than you, Michael. I'm so sorry I can't take it away." I murmur sadly, looking at his bandaged scalp. Doctors also said it's almost impossible for his hair to grow back, and I know that'll upset him greatly. I'd personally love him if he didn't have any hair at all, but I know it won't be easy to cope with for him.

Finally, his eyes flutter open as he frowns due to the lightness of the room. "Y/N?" He calls my name hoarsely.

"I'm here, Michael, it's okay." I coo caressing his cheek, a smile plastered over my face. He woke up. He'll be okay.

"How are you feeling?"

"Umm... kinda weird, I don't know. And sleepy."

"You'll be okay, honey. It was a rough day for you." I say kissing his forehead gently. "I'll be right back, just gonna get the doctor to check up on you." He nods and I swiftly exit the room.

"Y/N? What happened, is everything okay?" Janet and Jermaine ask as soon as they see me.

"Michael finally woke up." I answer, still smiling. "I'm going to get a doctor to check up on him."

"Finally!" Janet exclaims, relief obvious on her face.

"Where are everyone?" I ask, realising they are the only ones who are here.

"It was hard to talk mother into going home to rest a little, so everybody went with her and told us to call when he wakes up."

"Then do so! And get in, don't leave him alone." I say, unable to keep my smile off of my face. What happened to him was terrible, but he's awake now and it the first step of his recovery.

Both of them chuckle at my behaviour and enter his room as I go to get the doctor for him.

***

"I see nothing wrong, Mr Jackson. We'll keep you for a week or so and afterwards you can go home, but you mustn't do anything except staying at home and recovering." We nod and thank him before he leaves, telling that a nurse will come every few hours to give Michael pain medications.

During the doctor's check-up on him, the rest of the family arrived. They were all relieved to see him as well as he can be, considering the state he's in. After an hour or so, they left so it's just him and I again.

"Mike?" I say as he rubs his face with his hands. "You OK?"

He shrugs. "I'm just tired." He hesitates a few seconds but then adds. "And my head hurts."

My heart breaks in half. "That's how it's gonna be for a while, unfortunately. I'm sorry."

He shakes his head and smiles weakly. "Don't be, it's gonna be okay. Just stay by my side, don't leave me. I don't need anything else." I smile back and peck his cheek. He scoots away from me and pats the empty space on the bed. "Can we cuddle?"

I beam at his cuteness. "Of course, darling." I take off my shoes and snuggle up close to him. I kiss his lips tenderly, knowing he needs my care and affection more than ever.

He buries his face in my hair and wraps his arms around me. "With your love and support, I can handle anything. I love you, babygirl."

~ Sorry for writing an imagine like this... I just feel so sad when thinking about what happened to him and I have to let it out in some kind of way. Ly! ~

 Ly! ~