10

After Vanessa and Namjoons encounter, seeing each other tonight was all both of them had on their minds. When her lunch break was over she went back to work until her shift was over.

She anxiously made her way home and rehearsed what she wanted to tell Namjoon.

"So, how have things been going for you and her? No that sounds way too damn hostile." She pretended to ask, rolling her eyes as she came to a stoplight.

"How about... so why exactly did you avoid me for weeks?" Vanessa groaned loudly and rested her head in her hands.

"What do you think I should say, grapefruit?" She looked down at her growing stomach and smiled at the nickname.

Jimin gave Vanessa the idea for the nickname because the baby was the size of a grapefruit. She smiled at the thought of Jimin and rubbed her stomach.

An aggressive horn from behind her pulled Vanessa out of her mini daydream, she jumped in her seat and continued driving again.

Vanessa finally pulled into her driveway, cursing at herself when she looked at the clock and saw that she had returned home later than the time she planned. She had stopped by the gas station earlier and grabbed some snacks and a large sugary drink.

Her blood sugar was going to rise, but to be fair her hormones overpowered most of her decision making.

Vanessa grabbed her items and quickly shuffled into the house and got settled in, she walked to her bathroom and started running the water to take a shower. She pulled off her scrubs and exhaled as her body relaxed.

Vanessa stepped into the shower and let out a sound of a relaxed sigh as the hot water fell over her body, she grabbed her body wash and started scrubbing off the remnants of the day.

           ____________________________________________________________________

Vanessa looked at herself in the mirror and smiled at her appearance, she pulled her shirt down over her stomach and rubbed the prominent bump happily.

Vanessa checked her phone when it chimed and alerted her that she had received a text message. It was from Namjoon and he was letting her know that he had just pulled into her driveway.

Vanessa's nerves returned to her body and she could feel her palms become sweaty.

"We can get through this, we absolutely will get through this" She said to herself as she looked in her mirror.

Vanessa made her way to the front door and opened it up, she smiled as Namjoon walked towards her. She raised an eyebrow in confusion when she saw him carrying two large bags in his hands.

"Do you need help?" She asked, ready to take one of the bags he was carrying.

"Nope, you do not need to be lifting heavy items so don't." He responded, walking into the house and placing the bags down in the living room.

Vanessa closed the front door after he entered the house and locked it, she followed him into her living room and sat down on the couch.

Vanessa looked at Namjoon in curiosity as he stood in the middle of her living room looking down awkwardly.

"Would you like to have a seat?" Vanessa asked, smiling as he nodded his head in response.

"Yeah, sorry. I don't know why I was just standing there. I'm just a bit anxious I guess." He sat down next to her on the couch and fidgeted with his hands.

A few seconds of awkward silence passed since neither of them knew what they wanted to say, let alone start a conversation.

"It's funny, when we used to talk daily, we always had something to talk about and now we barely know how to even start a conversation." Namjoon chuckled and Vanessa gave him a small smile and a nod.