7

January 25th 2019

12 weeks pregnant

It was almost midnight by the time Vanessa made it home from work. She made the mistake of agreeing to take on her coworkers shift since she had a family emergency, she knew that she needed the money for the baby, but sometimes she felt as though it wasn't completely worth all of the stress.

"Finally." She said aloud, taking off her shoes and throwing them in the bin near the door.

She takes off her coat and hangs it up on the coat rack that her mother bought her in order to help stay organized.

She walks into the kitchen and immediately goes for the fridge to look for something to eat, she looks around at the lack of food and mentally reminds herself to go grocery shopping.

"Well, takeout it is." She grabs her phone and sits down on one of the stools in the kitchen.

Vanessa clicks on one of her food apps and looks at all of her options, because it was so late delivery was not an option.

Luckily for her there was a Chinese restaurant that stayed open late on the weekends, and since she was a regular at the restaurant they adored her presence every time she came by.

"I can at least change first." Vanessa says as she looks down and see that she's still wearing her scrubs.

Vanessa walks into her bedroom and remove their clothes, throwing them in the dirty clothes basket in the corner of the room. She looks in the mirror and notice that there is a small bump beginning to form.

"Oh hello there little one. I didn't even notice you started growing yet." Vanessa chuckles and rubs her stomach in admiration.

"Your dad is going to want to see this." Vanessa grabs her phone and take a snapchat video.

"So I'm getting ready to get some food, and I see my stomach is poking out." Vanessa says into the phone and zooms in on her stomach.

Vanessa ends the video before sending it to Namjoon and locking her phone. She goes into her closet and grab a pair of leggings and a thick sweater.

"Boots or sneakers?" She ask herself looking at the shoes, she shrugs and grabs the boots because they're easier to put on and take off.

Vanessa smile at herself in the mirror and walk to the front door, she grabs her coat and her car keys and leaves her apartment.

**************************

"Here you go sweetheart." The owner of the restaurant, Fei, says as she brings Vanessa her food.

"Thank you Ms. Fei, I could have walked over and grabbed it, that way you didn't have to." Vanessa smile at her and she shakes her head.

"You're pregnant, and I don't want you doing too much." Vanessa holds her hand and rubs over her knuckles.

"She was the same way with me when I got pregnant. Just let it happen." Her wife said from behind the counter.

Vanessa smiles at the two women and can't help but feel her heart go warm at how much they love each other.

"You guys are honestly adorable." Vanessa compliments the couple and open her chopsticks so that she can enjoy her delicious meal.

Vanessa sighs out happily as the hot food meets her mouth and makes it way down to her stomach. Vanessa wanted to devour this food all at once, but resisted the urge to do that.

The sound of the door opening had her lifting her head up to see who had entered the restaurant at this time of night.

"Jimin!" Fei exclaims when he walks up to the counter with his bright signature smile.