XXII

Taehyung's POV 

Throughout the entire meeting, I couldn't pay attention to Namjoon speaking. My mind was battling against a thought I've had for a while. Ever since the incident at Jin's party, it wouldn't leave my thoughts, stubbornly occupying my brain. Seoyoung should be safe, like what she had before when she was just a normal doctor in Seoul. She deserved it. The moment she was pulled into this misery of a world, she had automatically been a target. The fact that we got married went viral, the public going absolutely mad, that such a young CEO would marry some random doctor he barely even knew (of course they didn't know our history). Through all this publicity, an even bigger target was placed on her back, a target more prominent than even mine, for she was probably the greatest weakness of Nightingale right now, and any gang lord would be smart enough to go after her than me. That's why I've been thinking, what if I became normal? Dropped all this gang shit and went to go live normally, simply as the CEO of Muse, nothing more. But could I even do that?

"Yah! Kim Taehyung!" a voice suddenly shouts, followed by a loud clap right in front of my face. "Are you even listening?" Namjoon asks, thoroughly annoyed that I had yet again, ignored another one of his 'life-changing' briefings.  

"Yup, definitely was," I mumbled pretending to be deeply interested in the slide on the white wall. Everyone stared at me weirdly until I caught sight of Jimin. A calculating look was on his face, a face I knew too well. It was that face of disapproval of being sidetracked, the same face he used to give Seoyoung, for he thought she would distract me from what was important, from focusing on our survival. Without a word, Jimin stood up and walked out the door, expecting me to follow. I complied, standing up and following behind. 

"How does he do that?"

"Do what?" Yoongi asked in response to Jin's question. 

"He doesn't say a thing but Taehyung gives him what he wants. He literally never listens to me, no matter how much I say," Jin complains. 

"Maybe you just suck."

"Hmph, this is not fair," but the door closed shut before I could listen to more of their bickering. Turning around, I faced a Jimin with his arms crossed. 

"What?" I asked. 

"Don't you what me. You're clearly distracted, and it's obviously because of Seoyoung," Jimin says. 

"I am not thinking about Seoyoung right now," I retort. 

"Oh yeah? I bet it's something to do with her then." At my silence, Jimin found that he was right. "Tae, you know how I feel about you and her. Yes, I've grown to like her, she's actually a pretty decent human being, but she cannot be distracting you from your work!" 

"So what I get distracted by my wife?!

"See! This is exactly what happened last time with Hyeri! You can't give Seoyoung whatever she wants-!" 

"So abusing her is the answer?" 

"I didn't-"

"Yes you did! You think that if I become this cold menacing bastard toward her she won't meet an end like that of Hyeri's, but that's what you don't understand. Seoyoung is different! Seoyoung is not Hyeri!" I shout. 

Both Jimin and I stand in silence before he says, "Okay, what's on your mind?" calmly. His voice turned soft as the anger and disapproval melt away from his eyes. 

"It's just- I don't want to do this anymore," I said, "I want to be normal. I don't want to put Seoyoung in any more danger, she doesn't deserve that." 

"So you want out?" Jimin asked in disbelief. Never would he have thought I'd have these concerns. 

"Yes, I want out! I'm tired of dragging on this shit my father created, okay!?" 

"But how will you survive?!" 

"I'll find a way! I always find a way!" Again, silence consumes us as both of us mull over our thoughts. 

"Okay, I think you need to tell us."

"No."

"Yes." 

"No!" 

"Yes!"

"No!"

"You have to! What if you're being rash?"

"I'm not being rash!"

"Are you sure of it?" Jimin asked, sternly. I stopped. He was right. I didn't even know if I wanted this or not. The thought had just been so intrusive, I wanted to solve it as quickly as possible so I could just toss it away. Can I really do this? Can I really survive in the normal world? "I think you should talk to us, Tae. This is really big." 

"Yeah. Okay, let's talk." 

Seoyoung's POV 

Like Taehyung said, I waited for him to finish his meeting in our bedroom. He said that we would go and pay Daniel a visit right after he finished, which meant that I was all dressed and ready, ready to see my best friend again. I was excited, yet nervous at the same time. I had changed so much, would we be okay? 

A sudden knock on the door jerked me out of my thoughts. The knob turned and Taehyung popped his head in. 

"You ready to go?" Grabbing my phone, I shoved it in my pocket as I took his waiting hand. "Got the headphones?" I nodded, holding up my AirPods. "Okay, put them in." I did as I was told and connected it to my phone, blasting one of my hypest playlists. This was because we were about to go through the basement, and I wasn't sure if I was ready to hear those haunting cries again. It had plagued me for at least a week before I could sleep again. Walking to the exit, Taehyung and I plummeted down the elevator (which I had finally gotten used to) and walked out into the circular lobby. At last, we arrived in front of the marble steps, slowly descending into darkness. The lights were dark, flickering pale white light that did not provide much to the human eye. Taehyung had explained there was only one way in and out, so we would have to walk through the maze until we reached 'Section A,' the better-conditioned dungeons, which honestly couldn't have been much better. Gently, a white cloth was tied around my eyes. We chose white because although it did provide coverage, I would still be able to see slightly through the thin material. I had been afraid of being completely blindfolded, stripped of my sight since I was kidnapped. PTSD, as I had 'diagnosed' myself. One by one, we descended each step slowly until we reached the gray slabbed cement, and that's when the howls started. 

Don't forget to vote and follow!