VII

Seoyoung's POV 

After our heartfelt conversation in the gardens, it was already 1:00 AM, so I decided to go to bed. I trodded back up the stairs to my room, Jungkook telling me his was right across from mine if I needed anything. I bid him goodnight, wondering how he was supposed to protect me if he was sleeping, but I didn't really care. It's not like anyone 'unauthorized' could find their way around in here. Taking a shower and brushing my teeth, I was ready to jump into bed when I found two items sitting on the bed, along with a note. The first box was a new phone. I scoffed to myself and placed it down. What an odd person Taehyung was. He breaks the doors down (which had also been fixed) and smashes my phone, then is quick to replace them. Why does he care if he broke them in the first place? The second was a tiny jewelry box. I opened it to reveal a beautiful but simple, sparking ruby ring. I picked up the note. 

For my beautiful princess, 

I hope you are happy with the ring. I chose ruby because I thought it'd match that necklace you always wear. The wedding is soon approaching so if you have any last-minute inquiries or requests, please send me a text and I will promptly comply. 

As you can see, I have bought you a new phone. Do not contact anyone else other than the contacts I gave you. I do not want to hear from the police again. Doors are actually quite expensive to replace. 

Sleep well my love, 
Taehyung 

I finished the note, touching the ruby necklace hanging around my neck. I had never taken it off, not since that day he had disappeared... Shaking the thought away, I opened my new phone and spent till 2:30 AM on it, setting up various VPNs, firewalls and passwords in an attempt to stop Taehyung from getting in. I didn't want him going through my privacy, even if I have nothing to hide. The phone also had a map of the estate, handy for me to try and route an escape. 

The week passed quickly, that it was already Saturday. Tomorrow was the wedding. 

I was sitting on the bed until I heard a knock on the door. 

"Come in," I said, not really caring who it was. They'd enter anyway. A silver head popped in. It was Jimin. He had re-dyed his hair, probably for tomorrow. 

"Taehyung wants you in his bedroom," Jimin said shortly. I had always gotten the feeling Jimin didn't like me very much. He doesn't talk much with me and his eyes don't shine as bright as when he's with Taehyung or Jungkook, but I'm okay with that. It doesn't really matter to me since I don't see him often anyway. 

"I'll be right there," I reply, shutting the laptop quickly to hide my in-progress master escape plan (which was so far just a bunch of exits circled in red). Jimin's eyes narrowed but didn't say anything before turning around and walking off, not waiting for me. Putting on my fluffy slippers, I open my phone and search for Taehyung's bedroom. It was in the same hall as me, but one level higher. There are different levels inside the penthouse? Making my way down the hall, I arrive in front of two sets of staircases, symmetrical to each other, leading up to a massive set of oak doors. Taking in a deep breath, I tried to prepare myself for whatever Taehyung was about to do or say. I arrive in front of the doors and knocked twice. 

"Door's open," his deep voice said. Hesitantly, I pushed the door open just a crack and poked my head in. 

"Jimin said you needed me?" 

"Yes," Taehyung replied. He was sitting in front of one of those curved floor to ceiling windows that made up the whole estate, a long white table in front of him. The walls were a matte black, an impressive chandelier of the same colour shimmered with diamonds in the middle of the room. The room was already large, but more oak doors were posted all around the perimeter, closed to contain the secrets each of them hides. "Well you can come in and take a look too," Taehyung said, amused with my amazement. The room was dark, but it was so calming and serene. It must be so comfortable at night. "Hello? Earth to Seoyoung-ah." I blinked. Twice, then three times. Did he just call me by my real name? Taehyung chuckles and walks over to me, gently patting my shoulder. "I have something to show you." He then offered me his hand, of which I took. I followed him through a hallway and through a door. Turns out, this door led straight to his walk-in closet which was interconnected with his bedroom and bathroom. 

It was enormous. I found myself surrounded by an extravagant collection of clothing displayed regally. To top it off, in the middle of the room sat three islands, with glass drawers from top to bottom all around. They contained an assortment of expensive watches, earrings, bracelets, rings and ties. And my gosh, the number of ties he had was unprecedented, all neatly organized in their own dedicated cases. However, sitting amongst all that, there was something that wasn't Taehyung's. A gorgeous, white, fairy dusted gown stood in the midst of the room. I gaped at the dress, speechless. 

"Well?" Taehyung asked expectantly, already satisfied with my expression. The sleeves were made of invisible mesh, studded with minuscule crystals to make it appear magical. The sweetheart neckline had luscious leaf designs embedded in the illusion. It was fitted till the waist, where it suddenly cascaded out to a ballgown, layered and continuing to sparkle with fairy dust. A box was open and sitting on the side island, holding a pair of thin, dangling, diamond earrings, a thin tassle diamond-encrusted necklace, a glittering diamond chain of a bracelet and a dainty stunning diamond tiara. There was even an ear crawler with glittering stars. A long veil was neatly laid on the table beside the jewelry, made of invisible mesh yet again, giving the illusion that crystals were floating around the head. 

"I-I, wow," was all I manage to say as I walk up, brushing my fingertips on the soft silk material. 

A light chuckle came from Taehyung as he started, " I thought you'd like it-" but I had thrown myself on him, hugging him tightly. 

"I love it Taehyung. Thank you so much," I say, squeezing him tightly. 

But I should've looked up because the expression he was wearing was something priceless. A smile appeared on his face, genuinely joyful because his princess was. 

-

Don't forget to vote and follow!